cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest WiFi point resets to factory. Cannot add - not accepting QR code and set-code is 14 digits

VinnyA
Community Member

Am using the nest WiFi points (three of them) with the router for the past 2+ years. Recently one of the points dropped off and had to be reset to factory setting. 

Tried to add the point using the device add mode.

- The app starts adding to the mesh

- Requests for QR code; I have a sticker at the bottom, however the device does not accept the sticker. Very strange as had used the same QR code sticker to add this device at the time of set-up

- On attempting to set-up without the QR code, it requests for a 8 digit set-up id. I have looked with glasses and with camera picture on the code at the bottom of device. 

- Have found a 14 digit code(9C11OEXBSOJM5N) instead of a 8 digit code the app is requesting.

- Tried a few different options using the 1st eight digits, then the last 8 digits, and then replacing O with 0 but of no avail. 

Seeking help to bring this point back into the mesh. 

What is interesting is that the point is active for google speech and its AI related functions but not as a WiFi point. 

Appreciate any help to bring back the mesh to life with the 3rd point 😉 

Thanks. 

2 Recommended AnswerS

Kurt7
Community Member

The code is embossed on the base of the Wifi point beside the power cord. I took a picture with my phone and magnified it quite a lot to see the code. Hope this helps.

View Recommended Answer in original post

Kurt7
Community Member

On the bottom of my device it has "setup code: 8 digit code", there's no 14 digit code.

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kurt7
Community Member

The code is embossed on the base of the Wifi point beside the power cord. I took a picture with my phone and magnified it quite a lot to see the code. Hope this helps.

VinnyA
Community Member

Hi Kurt, thanks for messaging back. 

I did that and the bottom of the device came up with a 14-digit code(9C11OEXBSOJM5N) instead of the 8-digit code the app was requesting. 

The challenge is which of these digits is the 8, tried a few 1st 8 to last 8.. changed O to 0 and did not help. 

Does the 14-digit code look similar to what you found with your phone? 

Kurt7
Community Member

On the bottom of my device it has "setup code: 8 digit code", there's no 14 digit code.

VinnyA
Community Member

Thank you Kurt for pushing me to check for the set-up code. Found one at the bottom of the device. And have tried a few permutations to get it connected using the device, struggling to get it set-up.

Will keep trying as at the moment the set-up is not accepting the set-up code. 

Any additional clues or suggestions are truly appreciated 😉 

Kurt7
Community Member

Sorry Vinny, that's all I got. Good luck getting it working again.

VinnyA
Community Member

Kurt, managed to get it all working. 

Used the factory reset button at the bottom of the device! That worked with the set-up code.

Thanks for the help.