Nest Router receives 500mbps in but outputs 200mbps hardwired.... why?
1. Main router receives a 500+Mbps with a ping of 4ms.
2. I hardwire from the main router using a cat 5e cable to the Nest Hub.
3. I hardwire from the Nest Hub to my laptop using another cat 5e cable into a 1Gbps ethernet slot.
4. Link speed confirmed at 1000Mbps
5. Nest Router only outputting 200ish Mbps.
Appreciate any support.
Have you tried the usual stuff, like disabling all preferred activities (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9541371?hl=en) and looked for any devices stuck in priority mode (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/6246483?hl=en)?
It's likely due to some automagic QoS happening behind the scenes. Not confirmed by Google though. But this is a common thing users experience.
Raw speed/ numbers isn't neccessarily directly linked to experience. Do you experience any problems due to this, other than what speedtests show? Are your usage affected by this?