cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Playstation Portal Help

androipopjr
Community Member

Hi Everybody, 

I am having a lot of troubles trying to get a solid connection from Nest Wifi Pro 6e to my Playstation Portal. I am wired into my playstation 5 via ethernet to from my 2nd point mesh. Speeds are great but the portal is choppy. Speed is no issue. I exchanged my portal and it's still the same issue, so I can rule out it's a defective device. 

2nd thing, I also read somewhere to make a guest network and to add only the portal to that. I made a guest network, checked to have the portal and ps5 to access the guess network. The problem is, that the portal only connects to the 1st point Nest two rooms away and I need it to access the 2nd point in the living room which I am closer to. 

Anybody had any experience with Google Fiber, Nest Pro and the Playstation Portal?

1 Recommended Answer

wbeyer
Community Member

I will just chime in here and say I'm experiencing similar issues. I previously had Google Wi-Fi and was having a bad experience with the Portal, so I decided it was time to upgrade to the Nest WiFi Pros. Unfortunately the Portal seems to be experiencing similar behavior (though I do think my overall network quality for other devices has improved somewhat). It's playable, but has frequent stutters unless I'm right next to one of the points.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wbeyer
Community Member

I will just chime in here and say I'm experiencing similar issues. I previously had Google Wi-Fi and was having a bad experience with the Portal, so I decided it was time to upgrade to the Nest WiFi Pros. Unfortunately the Portal seems to be experiencing similar behavior (though I do think my overall network quality for other devices has improved somewhat). It's playable, but has frequent stutters unless I'm right next to one of the points.

I would say it’s much better with Nest but still getting strange issues. I just don’t understand how this problem is so connected to our routers/mesh