cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Re: Migrating my Wi-Fi devices from my ISP Wi-Fi network to my Google mesh Wi-Fi network

nancy-pingster
Community Member

Beware, i have disconnected by Google Nest. i believe i have the latest version number 4 and i got three units  1 router and 2 extenders.  i have home office and bought system to try to get solid extra signal in my home wth 3  floors. Anyways i have been getting lots of drops on my isp, which crashes both wifis everyday. i called comcast and when the guy came over he replaced some widget that was coming into the house and said that there was interference from it. Because of the 5g or 10g advancement in the technology that there has been issues with it and 9 out of 10 service calls are usually the cause. However if that does not fix my problem  that i should totally disconnect all google nest routers and extenders cause that could be the cause of my issue. Anyways my problem did not go away. so i am running a test. i have disconnected my google mess router and  extenders and my problem seems to be gone. i do not recommend spending $369 on equipment that is not compatible to todays isp technology. my system is less than 2 years.   Google needs to come up with a fix and needs to communicate to the masses. or dont waste your money like i did

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hi @nancy-pingster, I moved your reply to its own topic so as not to disrupt the other topic you originally replied to.

It's a shame to hear about your experience. As another user, not Google employee, I would argue it's very easy for your ISP to say it's Nest Wifi causing the issue, which in my view is unfair given the complete lack of evidence. Clearly there are a lot of users using Nest Wifi, including with Comcast, without issue. 

What I suspect you're experiencing is something called double NAT, which can cause problems like you described. The easiest way to resolve this is to put your Comcast router into something called bridge mode.

Nest support:
Bridge mode - Google Nest Help

Specific guidance for Comcast:
Using Bridge Mode On Your Wireless Gateway - Xfinity Support