Just wondering what the current work around for this is. I have recently changed to the Google nest router and now I can't access my IP cameras from my mobile unless I am on the Wifi. I have set the NVR to a static IP and put in the correct port forwarding rules for TCP and UDP data packets to get to the NVR but it still doesn't work. Has anyone else had this issue?
I have set a static IP and set all the port forwarding to the NVR. I have also been through this over a week ago with the helpdesk team on the chat function. I was advised as the could not fix the issue I was to be contacted with in 24hours by a senior tech to sort the issue. This never happened, I followed up after 24hours and was told they would be in touch shortly. I still haven't heard anything accept for response to date.
As I advised the tech on the chat service I would be traveling for work and needed this sorted before I left. Unfortunately now I'm over 1000ks away at work with no access to my home cctv not very disappointed with google at this current point in time.
Just to keep you posted the technician hasn't read the past notes had know idea had to reiterate the issues and get them to read the case notes. Now they have escalated it to a tier 2 technician again and stated they are very sorry for the wait and will follow up in a few days to see if a tier 2 technician has responded.....
Any news on this yet? I only reported it close to 2 months ago and at that time was told I'd be contacted by a tier 2 technician within 24 hrs as port forwarding is not working. Now I've had to chase this up multiple times to find I get a fresh tier one technician who hasn't read the notes and goes through the same process of setting a static IP and port forwarding to the NVR which has been proven doesn't work multiple times. I have even emailed through the log files from the router which at this time ai would imagine no one has looked at. I thought at the beginning wow within 24 hours that's great, great service now nearly 2 months in I have never seen such poor service from a tech company ever.
It's been some time since we discussed this and over that time there have been updates to hardware firmware and to the Home app. I wanted to come back and check in to see if you ever resolved this or to see if you were still trying to find a fix. If you're still working on this, please let me know and we can pick things back up.