cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Upgraded to full fibre but nest won’t keep up

Krishb79
Community Member

Hi I had a Google nest mesh network. Had it connected to by modem and all working well. I just upgraded to full fibre and if I connect directly to the new modem I get 500mb speed but if connect to the Google mesh Wi-Fi it’s still at my old speed of just 37mb. Any advice appreciated.  

3 REPLIES 3

DRiz29
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue. I don't get full download or upload speed when connected to the Google WiFi Mesh. Using Ookla speedtest, the Google mesh tests 100 Mbps slower (download) than when I connect directly to my Verizon 5G Home internet gateway. I ran multiple tests at different times and get consistent results. Frustrating. Hopefully Google provides a fix soon, until then my Google equipment will most likely sit and collect dust.

jarodpetty
Community Member

bumping this topic so hopefully Google takes notice.

JP

Krishb79
Community Member

Google guy on chat was really good. Connected to the nest and bt hub directly with Ethernet. Then realised I hadn’t rebooted, just changed the hub over. This helped. Then also realised the Ethernet cable between the bt hub and the nest was pretty old so switched that out and everything seems a lot better. Did get 500mb up and 70mb down over the nest Wi-Fi at one point.