cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest x Yale Constantly Going Offline

ohnayoung
Community Member

I recently purchased the Nest x Yale lock and it had been constantly going offline. I've tried to reset it, replace the batteries, more the Nest Connect, etc and NOTHING works. Does anyone have a solution or anything?

1 Recommended Answer

BillB5150
Community Member

I have had 3 Nest locks for about 2 years and never had a problem.  Just this week however, all 3 locks have been going on and off line a few times a day.  Wondering if it may be a software update issue....

View Recommended Answer in original post

15 REPLIES 15

BillB5150
Community Member

I have had 3 Nest locks for about 2 years and never had a problem.  Just this week however, all 3 locks have been going on and off line a few times a day.  Wondering if it may be a software update issue....

Some people have told me to try and actually move the Nest Connect further away from the lock. I ended up putting it upstairs around 15ft way and it has been better. I used to get notifications every hour or so saying my lock was offline but now it happens occasionally. Nonetheless Google needs a resolution for this!

I am having this problem as well.  It also started recently.  If I open and close the lock via the knob it immediately goes back online.  Batteries are new. 

If you notice the "Lock Offline", go into your Nest app and check status of Nest Connect device by clicking through to "Technical Info" from Main page settings. In every case for me, it is the Nest Connect device that has gone offline (the lock only communicates though this device - but it is not the Lock itself that is losing connection)

Thanks.  As I wrote, turning the lock knob resolves the issue.  Therecwas also a suggestion to move the Nest Connect further away.  So I did.  Quiet so far.

Nestconnectsuck
Community Member

I am on my third nest connect device. The latest one I purchased with my own money and it works about 20% of the time. Previous to that, the other ones were less successful at staying online. The Nest Connect product is a total failure. And tech support... Don't get me started. I've spent tens of hours. I know the decision treatment by heart now. I managed to get one US-based tech who gave me some ideas but it didn't help that much. Bottom line, Nest Connect is a failed product. Sorry for everybody who bought one. And that includes all the people who bought the Yale x Lock. 

tddrane
Community Member

I will chime in with my "Me Too." I've had these locks and Nest Connects for several years. It is only in the last few months that the disconnect issue has appeared. I've had all three go "off line" at the same time on several of the occasions when it is reported. This almost certainly must be a server side issue. The Connects go back in line in a few minutes at the most and immediately if the lock is turned which causes an event to be generated..

Beachykins
Community Member

Okay I am soooo glad that other people are having the same issue as me and that I am not alone. Had to climb in through my front window last week because both of my locks were offline and would not respond to any of the codes. It has gotten to the point where I just leave a window unlocked because I can't trust the locks. No problems for 3 years and now all of a sudden they are constantly offline. No wifi changes, no position changes, and the connect itself is online no problem, just not connecting to the locks. I've always had the connect and never used the Secure system but it seems that Google canceling that service has screwed all of us regardless. 😕 

Vladxp
Community Member

Same issue on my end. 2 Years working fine, then suddenly for the past several months the lock started to randomly go offline about 3-5 times a week. The "Nest Connect" device is plugged in to the wall outlet literally about 6 feet a way from the lock. The WiFi is a mesh-type with 4 access points with no dead spots (Also by Google).  I've removed the lock from my account using the "Nest" app and re-added it back two times already and replaced the batteries on the lock.  Going to give it a few days or a week to see if it stays connected and report back.

Vladxp
Community Member

5 days later - that's how long the lock lasted until it went offline again. What a freaking joke product!

Beachykins
Community Member

Yeah I told tech support that resetting the whole system daily is not a fix. Had to argue that this is an update issue caused on their end, not a hardware issue. It is such a pain.

andrewdcarlo
Community Member

I have had the exact same issue - my locks worked perfectly fine for years until the past 1-2 months. They are now disconnecting multiple times per day. Has anyone heard that Google is going to put out a software update or some other fix soon? 

I have not heard that, no. The problem seems to have started when a start was made to have Google Home be the controlling program instead of Nest.  

tddrane
Community Member

First they have to admit it is their problem, not the user's. That is probably tougher than the actual fix.

It seems that dozens of people here and on Reddit have been discussing this same problem over the same timeline. Most of us have clearly already tried everything we can do with our modem/router and doing factory reset of locks/Nest connects. Hopefully Google listens and does something soon.