cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest hub 2 as threat router

Solarflor
Community Member

Hi,

I have understood that Google Nest Hub could play as a matter (Threat) router but how to set up it?

2 Recommended AnswerS

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Further you can confirm by using an mDNS browser (Discovery app) and look at _meshcop._udp which will show all your thread hubs by name, click in to see details.

View Recommended Answer in original post

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Solarflor ,

The thread border router is built in the following Google Compatible Devices :

• Displays: Nest Hub (2nd gen), Nest Hub Max
  • Wi-Fi routers: Nest Wifi Pro (Wi-Fi 6E), Nest Wifi

The Thread border router in your Google device connects your Thread smart device network to the rest of your devices on your Wi-Fi or Ethernet; ensuring they are all communicating as one for Google Home.

More information in this regard can be found here

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The thread router functionality is automatic and built in , you don't have to do anything.  More info is here https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/12391458

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Further you can confirm by using an mDNS browser (Discovery app) and look at _meshcop._udp which will show all your thread hubs by name, click in to see details.

Thanks!

I just realized I confused router with cordinator. I need anyway to install a Coordinator to manage my thread devices.

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Solarflor ,

The thread border router is built in the following Google Compatible Devices :

• Displays: Nest Hub (2nd gen), Nest Hub Max
  • Wi-Fi routers: Nest Wifi Pro (Wi-Fi 6E), Nest Wifi

The Thread border router in your Google device connects your Thread smart device network to the rest of your devices on your Wi-Fi or Ethernet; ensuring they are all communicating as one for Google Home.

More information in this regard can be found here