cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Googlehome device delete - interaction with node code: "expressApp.post('/smarthome/delete'"

Aldock
Community Member

In order to allow user to delete an specific device from home app / firestore collection, the only way to remove a device from home app is deleting it "from firestore". If delete device from home app and resync it will appear again. I don´t want do delete the entire colletion and do a relink/discovery again.

Within smarthome, local fulfillment, Node code there is the call: "expressApp.post('/smarthome/delete', (req, res) =>...." This is to delete an specific device, however i don´t know how call from Google home app. The "remove device" icon inside device settings is missing, home app do not show device delete option inside device settings. Not sure if is a JSON message problem during device creation discovery phase.

Thank you if can help!

1 Recommended Answer

armen_dpe
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Thanks for bringing this up.

If your device uses a cloud service for integration with Google Home, you need to manage the deletion from your app. Verify that your app triggers a requestSync with Google Home after deletion using the HomeGraph API's requestSync method. This should prompt Google Home to synchronize and remove the device from your action. When you are returning new requestSync make sure the deleted device is not listed.

For devices that are set up directly in Google Home(seamless or matter setup), deletion happens within Google Home's settings:

1. Tap and hold the device's title.
  2. Select "Settings"
  3. Choose "Remove device"
  4. Confirm by tapping "Remove"

Let us know if this helps to solve your issue.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

armen_dpe
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Thanks for bringing this up.

If your device uses a cloud service for integration with Google Home, you need to manage the deletion from your app. Verify that your app triggers a requestSync with Google Home after deletion using the HomeGraph API's requestSync method. This should prompt Google Home to synchronize and remove the device from your action. When you are returning new requestSync make sure the deleted device is not listed.

For devices that are set up directly in Google Home(seamless or matter setup), deletion happens within Google Home's settings:

1. Tap and hold the device's title.
  2. Select "Settings"
  3. Choose "Remove device"
  4. Confirm by tapping "Remove"

Let us know if this helps to solve your issue.

Aldock
Community Member
Thank you.
According your instruction, that is what i did: "directly in Google Home(seamless or matter setup), deletion happens within Google Home's settings: Tap and hold the device's title. Select "Settings" Choose "Remove device".   At this point, " remove device" is missing, do not appear, inside device settings.  Not sure if when i built json answer at discovery phase, some json part is missing at the answer message.

That is what i want, delete a device inside home APP.

Thank you.

Aldock
Community Member

How can i enable "delete device" within google home app ?