cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey Google, STOP REMOVING FUNCTIONALITY AND FIX BUGS

oldmansutton
Community Member

Title.  I didn't shell out money for Hub devices for them to constantly become more and more crippled and featureless.

EDIT:  Leaving feedback from the device is pointless.  Bugs remain unfixed and unaddressed after years of leaving feedback.  Useful features continue to be removed.

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @oldmansutton ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your valuable feedback. We the engineers at Google are constantly working towards improving our products. We strive to make working with Google Smart Home Ecosystem smoother and efficient. We will keep you posted about any improvements or developments around the products or ecosystem through public documentation. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @oldmansutton ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your valuable feedback. We the engineers at Google are constantly working towards improving our products. We strive to make working with Google Smart Home Ecosystem smoother and efficient. We will keep you posted about any improvements or developments around the products or ecosystem through public documentation. 

oldmansutton
Community Member

No, Google is constantly removing functionality of products while refusing to fix bugs or provide user value.  Google is constantly working towards the "en**bleep**tification" of its products, if I can use a term coined by Cory Doctorow, chasing shareholder dollar value rather than providing user/customer satisfaction or value that benefits their customers and end-users.  What you just said was a typical AI generated canned response that holds no objective truth in reality.  I don't feel heard, because the reality of what Google is doing with its products, specifically in my case with the Nest Hub 2nd Gen and Nest Hub Max, is removing functionality, and refusing to bring the remaining functionality up to a useable standard.  If anybody at Google ever tried to actually use these products in their own home, they would rapidly realize how terrible the products have become.  Google is performing classic bait and switch with their products, and it needs to stop.  Remember when Google's motto was "Don't Be Evil?"  I do.  What happened, Google? You used to be cool.