Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Family Sharing Limit

pooyair
Community Member

Feedback to Google, Microsoft, and Apple: Increase Family Sharing Limi

Subject : Increase Family Sharing Limit

Dear [Google/Microsoft/Apple],

I am writing to request an increase in the maximum number of members allowed in a family plan. Currently, the limit is set at 6, which can be restrictive for families with more members.

As families grow and evolve, the need for shared resources and features within a family plan becomes increasingly important. With a higher limit, families can:

• Share benefits more inclusively: This includes app and music purchases, storage space, and features like location sharing or parental controls.
  • Simplify family organization: Having everyone in one plan eliminates the need for multiple accounts and simplifies management.
  • Better reflect modern families: Family structures are more diverse than ever, and a higher limit would accommodate blended families, extended families, or families with a large number of children.

I understand there may be technical or logistical considerations behind the current limit. However, I believe there is a growing need for more flexible family plans.

Here are some suggestions for increasing the limit:

• Offer tiered plans with different limits to cater to families of various sizes.
  • Allow users to pay a premium for exceeding the base limit.

I encourage you to consider the needs of larger families and explore options for increasing the family sharing limit.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Pooya M

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @pooyair ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your valuable observation and feedback about Google's ecosystem. This space is for developers to discuss, collaborate, and ask questions about their Smart Home integrations using Google Home Cloud-to-cloud, Local, or Matter APIs. I would recommend posting your question on Google Help. Google Help is a great resource to ask questions pertaining to the wide range of products and services offered by Google. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @pooyair ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your valuable observation and feedback about Google's ecosystem. This space is for developers to discuss, collaborate, and ask questions about their Smart Home integrations using Google Home Cloud-to-cloud, Local, or Matter APIs. I would recommend posting your question on Google Help. Google Help is a great resource to ask questions pertaining to the wide range of products and services offered by Google.