cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LightEffects trait

ARMEN97
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I'm developing IoT devices and integrating them with Google Home app.

My devices are mostly decorative lights for home.

I just tried to setup predefined light effects chooser through the Google Home app by configuring the  action.devices.traits.LightEffects trait  but it seems that Google Home accepts only these light effects - sleep, wakeup, colorLoop and these ones don't fit my needs because I have 50+ light effect presets and Google Home app doesn't show up light effect chooser for a Light device, Only color option is shown.

It will be great to have ability to change the light effect through the Google Home app.

Thanks!

Best regards, Armen.

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

The LightEffects trait with the activeLightEffect state supports the effects - colorLoop, Sleep and Wake. Currently this particular trait does not have the capability to support custom effects. I would suggest opening up a feature request on the public issue tracker

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

The LightEffects trait with the activeLightEffect state supports the effects - colorLoop, Sleep and Wake. Currently this particular trait does not have the capability to support custom effects. I would suggest opening up a feature request on the public issue tracker

Also it is possible to implement this using Custom Modes, where you can list the desired modes (can be the names for different light effects) there and Google will send the user selected mode to your endpoint.

ARMEN97
Community Member

Thanks for your answer!

I've done in that way but it's sad that it's not adding controls into Google Home app.

So I can control the modes with voice but not with Google Home app interface.