cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plex Integration

Navygator93
Community Member

Listen y'all, 

We've got a significant problem generating so much traffic to leave and go to Amazon. Plex is a massive growing platform that people are going to in droves to eliminate Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, Apple Music, etc. It covers everything! HBOMAX, Peacock, everything! Yet, for some reason, there is no support for Plex and Google Assistant, rendering my Smart home frankly stupid! I'm over it, and I'm tired of checking searches daily to see updates that don't exist on the matter! GOOGLE, I'm calling you out! FIX this, Or continue hemorrhaging users! I love and support Google. Now, love and support me back! 

Sincerely, 

Chandler Johnson

1 Recommended Answer

anishyadav
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our engineering teams are constantly working to roll out control features for a number of services & devices. You can patiently wait for the next update to be rolled out and can also raise this issue on our Public Issue Tracker to expedite the process.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

anishyadav
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our engineering teams are constantly working to roll out control features for a number of services & devices. You can patiently wait for the next update to be rolled out and can also raise this issue on our Public Issue Tracker to expedite the process.

Navygator93
Community Member

Anishyadav,

I understand the process for integration is in the works but that's what you (Google) have been saying for years! Almost decades. Plex has 13 million active monthly users. That's a substantial demographic for Google to focus on. Yet here we are being ignored? 

Chandler Johnson

gomez
Community Member

I've been using Plex for years and just really started using Google Home. I was absolutely astounded I can't control Plex with voice commands. I thought maybe this was a Plex issue, so checked there. Apparently Google's backend interface doesn't provide appropriate control sets - sounds like they have been waiting since 2018 for this. Is this something Google are actively looking to address and is there a timeframe? Can someone at Google pick up the phone and talk to someone at Plex to work this out? I'm sure it would be great for everyone.

PedroLiberal
Community Member

@Navygator93 @anishyadav why wait when you can have it now:

https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/12135
openHAB is currently reviewing and updating their plug in for the latest version. Meanwhile you can use OpenHAB 2.5 or, home assistant.

you can have all integrations you want, and expose them to google home too. Depending on what you want to achieve it’s probably easier than you think 🙂