cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somfy blinds connectivity kit

Mirayung
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to link my motorized blinds with the somfy connectivity kit that is supposed to work with Google home. After connecting the devices, Google home’s interface doesn’t seem to support Somfy products, and I cannot control by Google home. The device name shows up on Google home control page, but without any button that I can open or close the blinds. Any idea if this is a software development issue, or is it a connection issue? Thank in advance!

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Mirayung ,

• Through TaHoma's direct integration with Google Assistant, you can control your Somfy blinds and other motorized window coverings with only your voice, using simple commands. 
  • The inability to control the motorized blinds through touch controls could be due to touch control features not being supported by Somfy on Google Home. I would recommend reaching out to the technical support team of Somfy in this regard. If they find it really important to include this feature in their capabilities they could reach out to us through dedicated channels and then we will be able to work on this.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Mirayung ,

• Through TaHoma's direct integration with Google Assistant, you can control your Somfy blinds and other motorized window coverings with only your voice, using simple commands. 
  • The inability to control the motorized blinds through touch controls could be due to touch control features not being supported by Somfy on Google Home. I would recommend reaching out to the technical support team of Somfy in this regard. If they find it really important to include this feature in their capabilities they could reach out to us through dedicated channels and then we will be able to work on this.