cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Google Nest Hub (2nd gen) to latest firmware from preview program

agners
Community Member

Hello,

I'd like to work with Thread devices and Matter preview, and I'd like to update the firmware to 1.56.324896 as recommended by the Matter Release Notes.

According to the Google speaker and display firmware versions and release notes support page the current preview firmware for the Google Nest Hub (2nd gen) is 1.56.324896. My device definitly is a 2nd gen (model GUIK2). Currently it has firmware 1.56.309385. I've enrolled preview a couple of weeks back, and the Preview program settings page says "Preview program is on for this device (waiting for next Preview firmware update). ..." I've tried waiting, rebooting the device and waiting again, but the firmware stays the same.

Could this be a location/region issue? I've seen the above page in German mentions a different Preview program version number. I am located in Switzerland, the account language (and device language) is set to English though.

How can I update my device to the latest Preview firmware as recommended by the Matter Release Notes?

Best regards,
Stefan

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

The Google Nest Hub Gen 2 firmware and software version update happens automatically based on the access groups and update channel your device is registered to. Make sure your device is online and connected to the right developer account.

To access all Matter 1.0 features, make sure the version number is 1.56.324896 or above.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

The Google Nest Hub Gen 2 firmware and software version update happens automatically based on the access groups and update channel your device is registered to. Make sure your device is online and connected to the right developer account.

To access all Matter 1.0 features, make sure the version number is 1.56.324896 or above.

Pyrrhicvictory
Community Member

I’m by no means a qualified programmer or coder, I’m component level electronic engineering/ reverse engineering…. Dabbed in c+ / Visual Basic / red hat..etc..   though the algorithms have always looked identical to me, just flipped 180 degreed…   
pardon my ambiguity my friends, though perhaps the solution in our focus is merely… inverted though more than likely reciprocating variables, ….  Dismantle-rest-gather the knowledge-rebuild with pure logic-

ill be around….  
E.B.J

Abraja
Community Member

Plz help me my device is not cfinding any wifi. N mob cannot find my nest hub