cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bring back media alarms google nest

Treycleemoff
Community Member

Bring back media alarms. Only reason I bought a google nest speaker. Now it is useless to me I have no interest in the other features besides media alarms!

thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Slsmithy
Community Member

Everyone in our household has their own nest which they used for a radio alarm. Everyone is waking up grumpy now....BRING IT BACK please x

Jukebox
Community Member

I bought the Nest Audio specifically to use as a radio alarm.  I hope that someone from Google reads the many posts asking for the restoration of this excellent feature.

Super_paulie
Community Member

Would it but be possible to use the alarm/time as a starter to play a radio station? So for example at 7am play radio station called Sun FM.

- starters:

- type: time.schedule

at: 07:00

actions:

- type: assistant.command.OkGoogle

devices:

- Bedroom speaker - Bedroom

okGoogle: Play Sun FM radio on bedroom speaker

No.

I don't want a "routine" - I want the media alarm feature back

they wont bring it back id imagine so you will need to find a work around. I guess you could make a few routines and each one on a trigger word. I guess in theory you could make a routine for all the times on the clock, 6am, 7am, 8am, and have them on a trigger like "Set alarm for 6am" that would trigger the 6am one... 

• This is complete bull**bleep**. I'm buying an alexa

IanMcG
Community Member

I agree.

Terrible

I keep sending feedback to my speaker to bring back media alarms 

Queenmother
Community Member

Just bought an echo pop off Amazon for $15 to replace a mini only for the media alarms. They are on sale now. 3 Honestly google, at this point I won't be buying your speakers but slowly migrating to Alexa. I tried the routines and it's a pain to set a different one for each person for each different wakeup time. You were supposed to make life more convenient.