cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Broadcasting has changed - not our own voices anymore

robinwillems
Community Member

We normally Broadcast in our house (7 devices, mini's and Hub and Sonos) and Say "He Google, Broadcast".

"Hey guys dinners ready, come down stairs (but then in Dutch)"

Since a week or two, instead of hearing our own voices, Google tries to translate this and speaks with the assistants voice. This is pretty annoying because he messes up most of the times (maybe we don't speak clearly to him/her).

How can we turn this of?

78 REPLIES 78

YYYB
Community Member

(Fyi, I just called my kid at home to verify that the broadcast I just sent as a test from my cell phone no longer plays the msg in my voice. It's the AI voice now 👎🏽😝)

julialucio
Community Member

I was on chat with Google today and the guy said they are working on a fix.

I hope so 🤞🏼

Yeah. It is quite obvious that people in support are as clueless about the state of issues as we are.  So you get avoiding answers so to speak. Answers that gets customers off their back.

Andy298
Community Member

Same here. The delay is awful. Literally unusable in a 3 floor house with the AI voice.

Google need to revert this!

ElleC
Community Member

I have MS and some other health issues and tried to broadcast to my husband "I need help" and Google just broadcasted in her voice "hate" 

Which was not helpful as I lay on the floor in pain crying. 

clouds
Community Member

That is awful, I am so sorry. 

Stepman
Community Member

A case like this is even more serious on how this unexpected change is impacting people who need this feature the most. We need this fixed Google!

YYYB
Community Member

This is unexpected, unplanned, unannounced degrade in a major feature of this product is extremely serious!

I'm so sorry this happened to you... and to how many others right now??

Not cool at all.

JayMaxwell23
Community Member

We cannot broadcast to each other no more Google nest takes over the broadcast I afew factory resets there is nothing wrong with our Wi-Fi.we just can't broadcast to each other anymore

PDSOUNDS
Community Member

Exact the same here (en hij begrijpt werkelijk niets van nederlands)...dus de meeste boodschappen zijn waardeloos verzonden!

clouds
Community Member

It's so bizarre they sold us a product that performs worse as time goes on, not better, and are getting away with it. I had my Pixel phone replaced twice this year, they bricked my security system --I feel like Google has just given up on decent products. Remember how good a Google search was, before it (like our devices) was "improved" to be almost unusable now? I feel like they sold us devices that worked, and then slowly and almost purposely continually broke them. They are aware of this, all of these complaints, and just ignore us. Class action lawsuit in the making.  

PieAr
Community Member

I have the same problem. Been searching for a solution bit no luck yet. The translation also make the message unclear and nobody knows who is sending.

rmgjr3
Community Member

same issue. glad i am not going crazy! we have both alexa and google devices. debating whether to switch entirely to google but this experience is making me second guess that entirely. 

orthelius
Community Member

i want my voice back!

clouds
Community Member

And no ridiculous delay in broadcasting! 🙂

ElleC
Community Member

There's a delay in so many things. I tried to use it to find my phone yesterday. It didn't. I ended up finding my phone. Almost 30 minutes later while I was driving it went off (I wasn't even connected to wifi anymore, it was weird) 

Ssb
Community Member

Yeah this is crap

RAP8068
Community Member

@GarrettDS  @Markjosephp Can you help us? 

Stepman
Community Member

What was Google’s intention or reason in making this “sudden” change? Data confidentiality? Security? privacy ? 

clouds
Community Member

Who knows, they don't tell us anything. Today the lag was incredible added to the robot voice suddenly also announcing which display was broadcasting -- adding useless information, inconsistently. All they need to do is broadcast our voices, and I don't understand how they broke that so badly.

julialucio
Community Member

Data confidentiality? Don't freaking save the recordings.  Problem solved.

U238
Community Member

It worked for me tonight! Hopefully, it's a permanent fix! If so, thank you so much, Google, for fixing this!

Acruz808
Community Member

I’m on my way home now. Will definitely try when I get there. I hope this is a fix

ElleC
Community Member

OH! I just tried it and it's broadcasting in my voice again too!!!  

Acruz808
Community Member

Mine worked too. So happy 😀. Hope this is a permanent fix. 

julialucio
Community Member

YIPPPEEEE!

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

My own voice is back!

YYYB
Community Member

My kid just told me that it broadcasted my own voice! Hallelujah! 

Tisk, tisk! Don't do this mistake again, Google! 

RAP8068
Community Member

It worked for me tonight! It was perfect - I heard my wife say “Dinner Time” and it was like I was hearing (being a little dramatic) for the first time! 

YYYB
Community Member

😂👍🏽

Stepman
Community Member

Just confirmed. Our voice is back! Thanks and over and out!

orthelius
Community Member

happy!😀

DJB31st
Community Member

Not yet tested ours yet as people are asleep, but hopefully its fixed.

So incredibly frustrating that google will just remain silent on the issue, i've a support ticket open about the issue and i'll probably get a reply in a few days saying "a software fix has now fixed this"

But so far this year since the other broadcast issue we've had approximately 1 month of broadcasting working "as it should" out of 5 months!

It just doesn't feel good enough without some form of explanation as to why they keep breaking it does it!

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Lights-on-mini-constantly-pulsing/m-p/4...

DJB31st
Community Member

Can anyone who's confirmed it's fixed check their firmware version, is it still 2.57.375114 

Just trying to work out if it's something "server" side or on the actual device where the fix is applied.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7365257?sjid=11784844051436951750-EU#zippy=%2Ccurrent-p...

Stepman
Community Member

4CCA6457-5C20-4E5E-822B-28E2B616436C.jpeg

Hope this helps you!  

DJB31st
Community Member

Perfect thanks.. i can confirm mine is fixed and i'm still on 2.57.375114, which yours appears to be also.

So it must be something server side they've fixed

DR21
Community Member

It works! It's so comforting to hear our voices again and have the delay removed! Thank you!

YYYB
Community Member

I would like to thank you for this original post months ago. It seems like it only started happening on the West Coast of Canada about 2-3 weeks ago. When I found this thread with everyone explaining what's been happening, I was so relieved that I wasn't the only one or that all my nests had suddenly broken! 😵💫  I really hope it never happens again or that a different integral feature gets downgraded.