cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t connect my google mini and google home max after moving

cece3
Community Member

I just moved and both my Google home mini and my Google home max won’t pair. Through the Google home app I’ve tried both Bluetooth and wifi - both were unsuccessful. After reading blog posts online and visiting the help centre I tried a factory resetting both devices (multiple times) I have confirmed with my internet provider that the is no issue with wifi connection. Any advise? 

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@cece3 

So, you've done a factory reset as described here:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7073477

And you've gone into the Google Home app, clicked on "Devices", selected the plus icon (+) or the "+ Add" link to add a device to the Google Home app, selected "New device", selected your Google Nest "home", and clicked "Next" to get the "Looking for devices" screen. What happens then? Does it find your device or ask you what device you're setting up? What happens next?

it does find my decided and ask what device I’m setting up. I can go through with the set up process until it is supposed to connect. I end up with a connection failed screen (despite following all the steps provided above) this is happening for both my Google home mini and my Google home max - any advise?