cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't play Greatest Hits Radio

syandie
Community Member

My google home works well for everything i ask for, but if i ask it to play "Greatest Hits Radio" it always ends up playing "Greatest Hits Album on Spotify" which is my default music player. 

I have no issue playing any BBC radio stations.

I have tried going to settings in the home app to add link a Radio service- but the Radio option is not available for me - just Music, Video and Podcast.

Like i say, BBC radio plays with no issue. 

Thanks

1 Recommended Answer

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @syandie 

This is down to Spotify taking precedence since there happens to be an album by a similar name as you've probably guessed.

There is a workaround though and that is to give the command 'Hey Google play Greatest Hits Radio from rayo'.

The easiest method though if you regularly use this radio channel is to create a short personal routine called say 'Greatest' with a starter of 'When I say to my Assistant' of 'Greatest', then with a single action through 'Try adding your own' of 'Play greatest hits radio from rayo'.

Once this routine is saved, simply saying 'hey google greatest', Greatest hits radio should then start.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @syandie 

This is down to Spotify taking precedence since there happens to be an album by a similar name as you've probably guessed.

There is a workaround though and that is to give the command 'Hey Google play Greatest Hits Radio from rayo'.

The easiest method though if you regularly use this radio channel is to create a short personal routine called say 'Greatest' with a starter of 'When I say to my Assistant' of 'Greatest', then with a single action through 'Try adding your own' of 'Play greatest hits radio from rayo'.

Once this routine is saved, simply saying 'hey google greatest', Greatest hits radio should then start.

syandie
Community Member

That is great - thank you very much.