cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good Morning Routine Has Weird Beginning

DanaHartsock
Community Member

On my new Gen 2 Nest Hub the Good Morning routine begins, "Hi that is... Good Morning Dana."  Or sometimes it begins "Hello that is... Good Morning Dana"

I have no idea where that comes from. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Cathal_S
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi,

You could try looking at the details for this in your assistant activity. Maybe post screenshot of it here so others can see anything that might help.

My activity:

https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity?product=31 

Regards,
Cathal

? This is all I see... the problem is of no real consequence, other than being ever so slightly annoying. Prior to this new Gen 2 Nest Hub I was using a Lenovo Smart 8, the odd routine response did not occur. I will have to plug it in and see how the routine performs. The older Nest Hub produces the same response. Seems that either something in my account is responsible, or a server side problem, which does not seem likely.

FWIW I have set up the routine again, as well as power cycling the Nest Hub. I have noticed that the Good Morning routine initial response can be either be Hi, Hello, Good morning... followed by "that is." Before moving on to the tradition, Good morning Dana.

Assistant
Said good morning
tell me about my day
Good morning Dana
tell me about today's calendar
show my reminders
play news

DanaHartsock
Community Member

Kinda feels programmatic. When I invoked the Good Morning routine this afternoon: The response was: "Good afternoon, that is. Good morning Dana...

I will tap out here and declare the Good Morning routine in perfectly fine condition.

Dana: "Hey Google, good morning"

Nest Hub: Hi. That is, good morning."

It is awkward, grammatically, but not incorrect.

Hence invoking the Good Morning routine in the afternoon.

Dana: "Good Morning Google"

Nest Hub: "Good afternoon. That is, Good Morning Dana"

I know it has not always been this way, but I have not used the routine since retiring last August.

Thanks...