I originally had a thread about this, but it was locked.
Over the past couple of months, Google Duo on my phone has been having repeating issues with showing a black screen when someone is calling me and I've answered.
My phone screen goes completely black and only the icons of the app - eg. hang up are displayed. Audio from the receiver is heard, but no audio is present.
This has been shared multiple times by other customers and it seems that nothing is being done to resolve this.
- I have reset my phone and uninstalled the Google Duo App. I've reinstalled it and made sure it was running on the latest update.
- Similarly, I have reset my Google Nest Hub Max and left it to install its updates.
- I have tried using a different device and Google account.
Nest Hub Max Details:
- Fuchsia Version - 6.20211109.1.3166243
- Software Version - 220.127.116.110549110
- Cast Firmware Version - 1.60.311339
The issue still persists. Please could someone from the Google team look into this and help.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for bringing this up.
We're sorry to hear about this experience. I also appreciate all the details you've shared and we'd like to take a closer look into this. Please fill out this form with all the needed information then let me know once done.
Looking forward to your response.
I've completed the form. Please can you use my email to contact me, rather than my mobile number as that's easier for me.
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.