cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Hub 2 : Trying to add a device with voice match but app reports "no wifi connection"q

MilesAB
Community Member

I'm trying to add my daughters voice to the Google hub 2. It recommends using Family link (where she is already setup). I go to Family link > google assistant > add XXX to new devices. Then the app reports there is no wifi connection. I have turned my android phone on and off and there is a good wifi connection.

I also tried the other route of using Google home on my daughters tablet and Family link. It also reported "no wifi connection". I then tried adding my daughter as a a home member through Google home. Using "Invite person" it then told me to open family link....which again reported "no wifi connection". Seems like an ongoing bug. 

Does anybody have a solution?

101 REPLIES 101

dimitar2204
Community Member

Same issue

Natedog0412
Community Member

I'm getting this issue too. When I try to add my child's voice to my home devices I get the no WiFi error. When I try to do it directly through the family link app, the button does nothing. 

I've tried all the suggestions here and nothing helps!

Myrdhin
Community Member

Same issue with sonos Roam. Gooooooogke??????? 

Obrad
Community Member

Same issue. If my wife tries to add a device on her account she has "no wifi connection". Nothing works for us

Ben-C
Community Member

Same issue here. Please fix. Or get a work around. 

My sons brand new lenovo smart clock 2 is now a useless xmas present until its fixed

Marlar
Community Member

My daughter got the same smart clock yesterday, but I finally found a workaround hidden in this long thread. Uninstall all updates of the Google app (not Google Home and not Family Link), and do not install them again. Then add you son's voice via Family Link. 

You can probably update the Google App after finishing the voice match.

It is really weird that Google doesn't fix this critical bug which seems to have been around for a couple of years. 

Obrad
Community Member

Still same issue.

I tried to remove update (version 13.31.14.26 after remove), still same error.

Tried to install other versions from apkmirror but no luck.

"No Wi-Fi connection"

Fl00w
Community Member

FOR THOSE WHO STILL COULDN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM: I just hit and spammed the "Try again" many times and very quickly and it finally worked.

highs_and_lows
Community Member

Same issue here, seem like gOOgle is not really working on a fix, given the time span people have been complaining about it on here.

lp5
Community Member

Same issue here, impossible to add voice match devices to a family link account.

Tried all the workarounds suggested, none worked. Either I don't get anything when clicking on "add devices" (on the phone, a pixel!) or the dreaded "no wifi connection" (on a Samsung tablet).

It's crazy how long this issue has been going on with no answer from Google!

Kosiro
Community Member

In my case I can't get voice match to work either, and location doesn't work well either. On my mobile I'm in the right place, for Google Nest I'm 600 km away

Antoine
Community Member

I am so fed up after so much time trying to make it work.

I have dropped Familly Link and switched to Parental Control (Kroha). It is working perfectly and I have a finer but less intrusive control on my kids devices

scaryfruit
Community Member

Just to add to this thread, this is also impacting me. The suggested workarounds of removing Google updates hasn't worked. There just doesn't seem to be a workable solution to allow my child's account on his mobile phone to link the voice assistant to our Google Nest speakers. Looking at how long this has been going on, it's very disappointing how little Google are doing to engage with this problem. If anyone from Google support is reading this, an update to us all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

I contacted Google supportS.

Yes, with an S...  Because issue is both on Google Home and Family Link'...

And they play a ping pong game between departments!

That's why it takes so long to fix, everybody at Google claim 'it's not me, check with them'

Good luck with that!

stevehoot
Community Member

Just adding in here that I still have the same issue.

Out of frustration I've posted it for my specific situation (which is the same as everyone else pretty much). Once I posted it I also logged a support ticket  with Google Nest support.

My post: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Add-voice-match-for-Family-Link-managed...

The support incident has a ticket number which is: 3-4979000033171

I strongly recommend emailing them on # and make a reference to this post and to my ticket number. The note pressure and voices can only help matters.

Thanks - Steve

ItSucks
Community Member

Hi, it didn't work for me either because I couldn't uninstall the Google App updates because the devices are managed by Google Familylink.

I tinkered around for ages and then on one of the child's devices I went to g.co/voicematch, followed the wizard and was able to get my daughter's profile onto my 5 Nest Hubs.

However, I had tried this before on another - older (Android 7) - device, unsuccessfully.

I can't remember exactly what helped in what order, but still wanted to let you know that calling the above URL on a device that has the Google account active, whose Voicematch was uploaded to other devices, was successful in the end.

Meanwhile, I hate Google.

Translated with DeepL

britstu
Community Member

I've had excatly the same problem. "No wifi connection" 

Tried all the reccomended fixes but still no success. There is no doubt that it is the same wifi connection.

So fed up. Was just about to buy a second home hub for my doughter but pointless if I can't set it up for her.

Argh!

Svire
Community Member

31.03.2023 still no solution....issue persists.

JBL Link Music Device via Google Assistant. Alexa Rules costs 3x less works 3x better. 

Cadesius
Community Member

Same issue. 

flowie
Community Member

Found a solution: Sold Nest Devices, got Echo devices. Now everything works fine.

Kajvdh
Community Member

Same issue here - unbelievable that after all this time there is still no fix for this.

ItSucks
Community Member

Its because google sucks