cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Hub H1A

nyctroubleshoot
Community Member

I recently assisted a friend with resetting the google nest hub, It took awhile to reset the device because it doesn't work 100% if the time when pressing the vol up and down button to factory reset. After it factory reset, Connected to WIFI and tried to set it  up with my android phone. The update was really slow but I assume it was working. I let it finish updating but I already deleted the device from my google home on my android. Once it was one updating, it came to this screen where it  say Complete Setup. It a black screen instead of a white screen. This is what it say:

Complete Setup
Follow Instructions in Smart Device Management API Documentation to assign the device

g.co/dev/nestfleet

I assume that is in dev mode, is it because my android phone that I used to connect to the device was in dev mode so this unit brought it into dev mode? 

I been trying the vol up and down button to reset it but it is not working. I spent 2 hours two separate times yesterday, 2 hours today continuously pressing the vol up and down button but it still will not reset.

I want to reset it back to "normal mode". This is the first time this ever happen to me. It has been factory reset a handful of times but never brought me to this dev mode screen.

If anyone have any idea how to reset it, that would be awesome. I already spent 6 hours total spamming those two buttons with no luck. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

nyctroubleshoot
Community Member

not sure if i can do this but just trying to bump it to the top...

Hi nyctroubleshoot,

Thank you for reaching out.

We appreciate all the details you've shared and looks like this has something to do with the developer mode on Google Nest devices. We wish we can provide more details about this, however, these questions would be best answered by our developer team. You may reach them on this link: https://goo.gle/2xDz7N1

Best,

Princess

Hi there,

We just want to check if you have seen our response posted above. Let us know if you have additional questions, otherwise we'll be locking the thread.

Best,

Princess

Hello there,

Due to inactivity, I'll go ahead and lock this thread in 24 hours. Feel free to start a new thread if you need assistance with your Google speakers and we'd be glad to assist you further.

Best,

Princess