cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Mini speaker stops randomly playing Sirius XM radio

Jimmula
Community Member

Hi Everyone, 

For the last two months, my Google Nest Mini speaker stops playing Sirius XM radio. I call the command to start playing. It starts or it says that it encountered a problem and I should try again. In a case where it starts playing, it can take from a few minutes to 10 minutes to stop. It happens often and randomly. I tried many things, like:
- I re-connected SiriusXM subscription a few times already

- I rebooted the speaker a few times

- I filed the feedback (several times):  Hey Google, send feedback." followed by the keywords: GHT3 SiriusXM Stop Streaming.

- I tried to update the firmware, but it told me that it is on the latest version and it updates when there is a new update available by itself. I went to Google Home app and the settings page for the speaker is empty. I am on the latest version. 

The Google speaker plays fine without interruption everything but Sirius XM.

I know that many people had the same problem, has this been resolved? 

It is annoying. Not sure what else I can do with it.

Thanks, 

Jimmula

19 REPLIES 19

flyinsolo40
Community Member

I have the same problem, used to work flawlessly. Now I'm lucky to get a minutes worth of play before it stops. I think this is Google's way of trying to make you pay for their overpriced youtube music.

Skaforhire
Community Member

We have the same problem.  Quite annoying for what was once a great feature.  We tried everything you did, no success here either.  I hope they address this. 

JerseyFred
Community Member

Same thing about the last two months.

I called support a few minutes ago and the person gave me a blanket "It will be fixed after the 1st of the year."

Thanks for that update. Let's see. I am going to complain to them again on the 2nd if it won't be fixed.

If it stops on Tuesday I will be calling them too.

Jimmula
Community Member

Today is 01.02.2024. Nothing has changed. SiriusXM played for some time and later it stopped. Since then I tried to start it several times and nothing. 

JerseyFred
Community Member

I also tried removing and re-adding Sirius to Google Home. 

jphartzell
Community Member

Same issue at two different homes. One is a Google nest the other a Google home. If is switch to Pandora no problems!

tgd
Community Member

Same issue. I downloaded the SirusXM app on my iPhone and then casted to my Google Wi-Fi from the iPhone app and it’s working just fine now. Zero interruptions. Fyi, if you create a Speaker Group in Google, you’ll be able to select that group in the SiriusXM app 

flyinsolo40
Community Member

I did the same thing, works fine through the app, but I shouldn't have to use the app and have my phone handy when I want to listen to XM. Used to work just fine having it linked. Google techs need to resolve the problem.

Jimmula
Community Member

I get it. Thank you! I don't like to cast from my phone because it is eating too much juice. I prefer to call a command like I used to do it before. It has to be a bug. Unless it was done on purpose which doesn't make much sense. 

JerseyFred
Community Member

Thanks. Though about that option. But I use my phone throughout the day.

Pamrut
Community Member

I talked to Google and the said they were aware of the problem and their engineers are working on it. That was 4 days ago. I have been sending feedback every day. Just say "hey Google, feedback and tell them to fix Sirius xm". They also said that other streaming services was experiencing the same thing.

Google is lying about the other streaming services doing the same thing. I tried other ones and there's no problem at all especially their own youtube music

jphartzell
Community Member

Mine has been working fine today with Sirius watercolors!

fhare
Community Member

I have been having the same problem for several weeks. I have un-plugged, re-plugged, re-set several times to no avail. It is very irritating. Sirius used to work perfectly. YouTube and other music options work fine - it is the Sirius option that is not working. Google needs to get this fixed asap. Why have the device if it won't play what I subscribe to????

Chucky44
Community Member

I am still having issue with my Google Hub, SiriusXM plays for about 1 min and then stop playing.

When is the fix coming for this?

JerseyFred
Community Member

Mine seems to be working now. The odd thing too. My wife uses Sirius on one Google device and I'm able to use Sirius different channel on another Google device. Which was never possible. I also opened a ticket with Google. It was escalated and they returned my call last Saturday to tell me they are working on it. 

Chucky44
Community Member

Its weird last night I had my daughter play SiriusXM for over an hour with no issues after dinner.  And then when she went to bed, it was doing the same issue as the previous night, it was playing for a few minutes then stopping.  At one point it was playing/stopping and restarting again and then stopping again.