cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home not responding and playing music

92blacktt
Community Member

I am having trouble with my google nest / home system where the issue started when my voice command to cast music to speaker groups stopped working.  I can still cast them using voice to individual speakers.  The feedback I get can include "playing music on XXXX" with no music actually playing or "Sorry, youtube isn't installed at the moment".  The home system also stopped responding to play/pause requests using voice commands to my TV.  All of this used to work fine.

But its getting worse now, I cannot cast youtube to my speaker groups even manually using the android app.  However spotify works fine 100% of the time!  I would like to continue using Youtube Premium and not switch to spotify subscription.  Any sugestions?

I contacted google support a few times regarding my home system now working correctly but its not getting resolved and I am not being helped.

I currently have: 3 nest mini (2nd gen), 1 nest mini (1st gen), 2 google chromecast with google tvs, 1 google hub display (2nd gen) and 2 nvidia shield pro 2019s in my system.

85 REPLIES 85

I have three google minis.  all of a sudden, when i ask google to play WFCC, it plays a completely different music from Spotify.  It is happening on ALL three minis.

I did not do anything to change settings or anything, and google responds to asking it to play other stations.  I tried factory restore, same problems.  what can i do?

Johnde
Community Member

Google is just as bad as Alexa. They both work fine until they have you hooked then start playing something you don't want. Junk music that I would never listen to. That is the reason I quit using Alexa and now have the same problem with Google.

92blacktt
Community Member

Is there any resolution?

It turns out when I contacted Google it was a google issue.  They have now fixed it!

Gotchahomie
Community Member

Same problem well... Of i need a reason to switch to apple this is it! Good bye Google

Gotchahomie
Community Member

This finally worked after changing my wifi channels and resetting everything!! Follow the link below but the simple instructions here below should do the trick. Thank GOD!!

If Spotify is not connecting to Google Home, go to Settings in the Google Home app from its main screen. Select Music under Services in the app and select Spotify to begin linking your Spotify account. If that doesn’t work, switch Music to No Default Provider, and try linking Spotify again.https://robotpoweredhome.com/cant-link-spotify-to-google-home-2/