cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Let's Discuss: Using Google Assistant and Multiple Devices

KiiFromGoogle
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

We recently shared some background about what's happening when multiple devices respond to your Google Assistant requestsYou can read more in our community blog: FAQs: Using Google Assistant and Multiple Devices.

We invite you to share your experiences using multiple devices with Google Assistant below! 

As Senior Product Manager Isha Sheth mentioned in the blog, community feedback is really important to the Google Assistant team. We'd love to hear from you about whether the tips we shared in the blog were helpful for you and the members of your home! 

43 REPLIES 43

Same friend same. Quality of Google nest/home smart ecosystem went down faster than Twitter after Elon bought it.

I’m slowly replacing everything from them with actual hardware that gets real updates. 

22 devices? I feel your pain! (yet, i don't suffer from the same problem, but i only have 3!)

BUT... i have the random "popping" noise problem!!! https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Strange-popping-sound-in-my-nest-mini/t...

pooley182
Community Member

This issue is infuriating.

Countless times now I've been in a room, I've uttered the words "hey Google, turn off the light" the appropriate device in the room responds, does it's job and the light turns off. A few seconds later I hear the dreaded "Ok," from my pocket, and because my phone is not context aware of what room is in, it's swiftly followed by the words "turning off 17 lights." The whole house is plunged into darkness. And I'm stood there in the dark left wondering why I've invested so much money into this 'smart' home technology.

ktiedt
Community Member

Once you move away from googles abandoned and neglected hardware and software ecosystem it’s not so bad…