cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Media Controls are not showing on my phone

nora_p
Community Member

I have Android phone (Huawei) that used to have the media control whenever my Google Home is playing something. You know when you tell Google to play music and then the notification appears on your phone - that disappeared. It still shows on our Android tablet (Lenovo). I checked the settings under Google Home and under my phone - all are on and in theory it should appear, but it doesn't. I switched them off and back on to no avail. Any other ideas how to get this back on my phone? Thanks.

1 Recommended Answer

I figured out my problem. Hopefully it'll work for you too. Try going to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Notifications and scroll down to the "Cast" options under the "Other" category. In my case, I had disabled the first "Cast" option which seems to be the Media Controls notification. You can see a screenshot on the post I linked to in my previous reply. 

Hope that helps!

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bjmiller121
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue, although I think in my case I inadvertently disabled it myself and can't find where to re-enable it. 

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Media-control-notification-no-longer-sh...

Do you recall if you made any changes to specific notification settings? Perhaps directly from the notification itself? I wonder if you can go to the settings from the notification on your tablet to see which app provides the notification to track down the setting on your phone. 

I figured out my problem. Hopefully it'll work for you too. Try going to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Notifications and scroll down to the "Cast" options under the "Other" category. In my case, I had disabled the first "Cast" option which seems to be the Media Controls notification. You can see a screenshot on the post I linked to in my previous reply. 

Hope that helps!

Well this was disabled but enabling it didn't help. I don't remember making any changes when the notification disappeared but it was so long ago who knows. I checked the settings on my Lenovo tablet that has the notificaiton on and it seems the same as my phone so no clue why the phone doesn't have it.

And then few minutes after making the changes the notification DID appear. I guess it needed time to refresh or something. Thank you.