cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiplying "Shared Controls" notifications on all speakers

neurotony
Community Member

Multiplying "Shared Controls" notifications.

A few weeks ago I started getting multiple notifications for any Chromecast device playing in my home. I have a Google Home and  three Google Mini pucks and any one of them casting does this. It's really annoying and keeps notifying me constantly. I also can't  control the device from the notification though I could before. 

Is anyone else experiencing this and ideally have a solution? I don't want to disable Shared Controls because I use the notification to control the devices.

They all seem to have the latest firmware updates and I'll verify this. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 10+. No Wi-Fi or network changes have ocurred. It's not a critical failure but is really annoying with a loss of functionality. 

I have a screenshot of the issue but don't see anywhere I can upload it with this submission.

15 REPLIES 15

Lerngber
Community Member

I am getting exactly the same issue with any device that is on any network  I connect to. So I don't think it's got to do with the individual devices. Using a Galaxy S8. Only started happening a week or 2 ago. Hope they can clarify why this is happening as it's annoying as all hell.

cawauk
Community Member

Same here, Hawei Mate 20 pro, began a few weeks ago. I have 4 nest speakers. The notifications keep replicating. Since taking the screenshot attached with 5 notifications, I now have 7 notifications.

Screenshot_20240422_100621_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

neurotony
Community Member

I get over 25 notifications, it's pretty ridiculous. I couldn't upload because I was a new member apparently. here's a screenshot I wish I could have uploaded. Note that there are more off-screen.

A critical problem is I can't control my speakers anymore from these notifications, which I used to be able to. I am very thankful for the "Clear"  button.

20240420_123042.jpg

OnePieceRich
Community Member

I'm also having this issue. Possibly for the last month or so. Certainly annoying and happens on multiple devices - nest minis, hub, android TV. 

Super_paulie
Community Member

Yep, stupid.

Screenshot_20240413_142154_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

RocknRolz
Community Member

Hello, I have the exact same issue described above. I do not want to disable cast notifications, as I use this feature all the time. I have a Galaxy S9. I've tried changing the WIFI channel and resetting the router. This issue is present for all of my google devices: Nest home, Chromecast, Chromecast audio, Mini. Thanks!

Super_paulie
Community Member

its almost like Google release updates without any testing whatsoever. Just live test it on their paying customers.

Daj321
Community Member

Same issue here.

Huawei P30 Pro.

denis44
Community Member

Same here since a couple of weeks

Galaxy S9+

Android 10

eighty666
Bronze
Bronze

same here. was broken in an automatic play services update about 3 weeks ago somewhere after around v24.10.17

continues to be broken up to and including v24.15.18

Lerngber
Community Member

Yeah seems like it's a google play services thing, because I get the same issue with multiple pop-ups on a phone that doesn't even have google home installed. Google really needs to fix this and roll out a patch asap.

+1. i too have 2nd handset for these things. no home app ever and no google account ever. de-admin-ing and uninstalling play services to factory (pie, on that) fixes the issue

eighty666
Bronze
Bronze

*appears* resolved in 24.16.16 playservices/gms for me. watch geofencing be borked now 🤣

Lerngber
Community Member

Thanks, I do think they finally fixed it as you stated. Fingers crossed!

neurotony
Community Member

Issue is resolved for me too. It does seem to Have been a Google Play issue since I don't see anything else was updated.