cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mini fell on tile floor and now won’t turn on

CoffeeJunki
Community Member

My Mini fell, speaker side down, on the tile floor. I’ve had it for a long time but it’s always worked great to play music. I’ve tried unplugging it and plugging it back in; leaving it unplugged for several minutes and plugging it back in; and unplugging the charger from the outlet. The unit does not power on. There is no “reset” button on the unit so I am unable to try that. Your help is appreciated. 

1 Recommended Answer

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @CoffeeJunki 

You can try doing the factory reset on your mini. On the bottom of Home Mini, press and hold the factory reset button located below the power cord. Look for a circle etched into the base. After 5 seconds, your device will begin the factory reset process. Continue to hold for about 10 seconds more, until a sound confirms that the device is resetting. 

If that doesn't help remove the power cord from your Mini for and then plug it back in firmly. Then try another reset. 

Hoping this will work-

J

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @CoffeeJunki 

You can try doing the factory reset on your mini. On the bottom of Home Mini, press and hold the factory reset button located below the power cord. Look for a circle etched into the base. After 5 seconds, your device will begin the factory reset process. Continue to hold for about 10 seconds more, until a sound confirms that the device is resetting. 

If that doesn't help remove the power cord from your Mini for and then plug it back in firmly. Then try another reset. 

Hoping this will work-

J