cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Hub 2nd Gen Lag

popcenator
Community Member

Can we expect an update anytime soon to fix the horrible lag on these devices? I just received mine a couple days ago and the lag is enough to return the device if there's no update in sight. 

7 REPLIES 7

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@popcenator 

What "lag" are you referring to? Is there a delay in getting your Nest Hub to respond to commands or questions? Does this lag occur for every command, or just certain ones? We don't have a lag on any of ours, except sometimes there's a delay when trying to start streaming using Netflix or Hulu or Disney+.

popcenator
Community Member

Swiping through every menu, interacting with the device at all. I haven't tried the voice input much but anything with touch it lags horribly. Delays in response, video stuttering when casting to it. Maybe there's an update I missed and need to apply? I need to check my software version when I get home.

@popcenator 

We've had Nest Hubs for several years and have not encountered any of that. Do you have a good Wi-Fi signal in your Nest Hub's location?

If you need to, you can try contacting Support, using the link and instructions in this post:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Using-Google-Nest-s-quot-Contact-Us-quo...

popcenator
Community Member

Well the second Gen was just released two years ago and there are many threads on Reddit about the issue. My Wi-Fi signal is about as good as you can get it and is in the same room as the router with good download and upload speeds. I'll check my software version when I get home today, I'm hoping that's my issue but there are a ton of reddit threads on this issue from last year, but not much posted this year that I can find.

popcenator
Community Member

The device is on the latest software, I've tried resetting a couple times. I'm still getting lag throughout the UI and video stutter when casting to it.

@popcenator 

Maybe you just have a defective Nest Hub.

You could try contacting Support, using the link and instructions in this post:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Using-Google-Nest-s-quot-Contact-Us-quo...

popcenator
Community Member

I tried two different Nest Hubs and both were the same. Laggy and casting any video to it stuttered constantly. I ended up returning both and am giving the Nest Hub Max a try. Still a little laggy but better than the NH2. Wish we could get an updated product, the idea of being able to cast live TV to my alarm clock bedside is exactly what I'm looking for. Plus you get Google Assistant, it's perfect. I just couldn't get over the lag.