cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Hub Max "can't find any devices to play music"

gregcornelius
Community Member

Starting yesterday morning, whenever I asked my Nest Hub Max to "Play XXX on bar speakers", or any speakers in the house for that matter, it replied "Sorry, I can't find any devices to play music".   Rebooted my home network, reset the Hub Max, and made the same request to other smart speakers throughout the house, same response.  Its as if "Google Home" has lost its mind.  Google Home settings are good and I verified all devices are online and have default music sources set.  I saw a REDDIT thread with a lot of people experiencing the same problem, which started yesterday.  Anyone know what might be going on as this seems to be a system problem, not a local issue.  Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

slaveunit
Community Member

This started for me 3 days ago. I have 10-12 devices in the house that we use for music. They give the "Sorry, I can't find any devices in your home that can play music" message. It is VERY frusterating.

MillertimeD
Community Member

Same issue here, deleted the Google Home app, removed and added back in devices, tried on another device to access the Google Home app and all media devices are there but not available to cast.  Also noticed since I have a separate network for IoT devices that I can't cast unless I am on the same WIFI SSID, like a security setting has disabled, so I can cast when on the same network but Google Assistant still won't take an verbal commands to control it.

Finally tried it out again last night and after doing nothing after that troubleshooting a few days ago, Google Assistant now sees my devices and able to play music again!

Angelaphorism
Community Member

I have 3 Lenovo smart clocks (no issue) and 2 google home hubs. The home hubs have the same issues as all of you and apparently these issues started at the same time as these posts began... no youtube video. I have rebooted, disconnected, and factory reset all to no avail. I still get the same error message that there is no device to play video. Google needs to step their game up.

Angelaphorism
Community Member

Update: the Lenovo products have no issues and I can tell them to play Netflix on the other devices but all Google home hubs still do not work.

slaveunit
Community Member

I have Google Homes, Nest Audios, Home minis, Hubs. All of them give them haven't been giving the same error. This is insanely frustrating. How can Google roll out something and break such a basic feature of their whole system?

Sorry for those last sloppy thoughts. What I meant was... 

I have Google Homes, Nest Audios, Home minis, Hubs. All of them have been giving the same error. This is insanely frustrating. How can Google roll out something and break such a basic feature of their whole system?

TheGoldenV
Community Member

Fubar_Nut
Community Member

I have the same issue that started a few days ago, but the other people in my house using the same devices work fine. Google sees them as other family members with their own accounts on the devices.

Saramel
Community Member

I'm having the same issue too. Stating the obvious, it's extremely frustrating.

slaveunit
Community Member

This has been happening for days now. Can we get some feedback Google? Playing music is one of the main reason I have your products around the house.

The odd part is that my Google Home speakers seem to work sometimes while everything else fails with "can't find any devices to play music" every single time.

slaveunit
Community Member

Haven't tested all devices yet, but possibly fixed? 

TheGoldenV
Community Member

Yes, home, mini, hub2 

Angelaphorism
Community Member

My Google Nest cam now tells me the answers to my questions, and both my Nest hubs are playing music and video. I did spend about an hour and a half on the phone yesterday with the Google service desk instant messaging system and they admitted they think the issue is on their end. I really thought my husband and I were going to be having a Google bonfire because of all the issues. I guess we will grill food instead lol

Fubar_Nut
Community Member

My music didn't play last night but it is working again today. I am assuming the Google fixed what they had changed.