cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Netflix currently not working on Nest Hubs

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

Starting about 2:40 pm US Central Time on Nov. 10, it hasn't been possible to stream Netflix on a Nest Hub.  The Nest Hub reports that the link to Netflix isn't working and suggests unlinking and relinking to Netflix.  However, the relink to Netflix simply stalls with a blank screen with clients3.google.com at the top.

2 Recommended AnswerS

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

As of about 8:00 am US central time on Sunday, Nov, 13, we are again able to re-link to Netflix.

View Recommended Answer in original post

KiiFromGoogle
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey everyone,

Glad to hear that things are back on track. We checked on this, and it looks like our friends over at Netflix have rolled out a fix.

If you're still experiencing this behavior, please let us know!

View Recommended Answer in original post

606 REPLIES 606

I tried the same thing tonight too, with no luck!

Tried asking Netflix help and they’re just blaming the devices.  But the Made by Google Twitter folk have been amazing and are looking at my issue (our issue!) they took screenshots and everything- you never know - maybe they’ll figure something out!! (Fingers crossed). For now, if I need to, I will screencast to my hub max until we get better answers.

dsp519
Community Member

Not working for me either... this is beyond annoying

Working last night and quit this morning.  Exact same issue.  Hub said our account wasnt linked.  Go to home app amd netflix says its linked.  Unlinked and attempted to relink. Sign in and link on netflix and sends me to "client3.google.com" Uninstalled Google home. Installed amd tried again.  Same issue.  Unbelievable.

J_2
Community Member

... I'm getting the same issue as well

ibegb
Community Member

Same issue here. Worked up until yesterday until it booted me. 

For now, I'll just cast. I'm not going through the headache of resetting my home devices.

Carlisle
Community Member

Ha! Normally I’d be the same way, but I’m just mad now, so I’m willing to keep it going just a bit longer. If I get some good insight from Google, I’ll for sure share it here, too!

This is happening to me too.  Got a message on my uub saying I should unlink and relink, then I unlinked, and now when I try and relink I get the blank screen.  

Following for solutions.  

same issue GOOGLE what are you doing about this beside just copy and pasting canned answers?  This is ridiculous! 

Having the same issue. Try to click link account after putting in credentials and it takes me to a blank page. URL is below 

https://clients3.google.com/cast/auth/3p/done?status=error

Same behavior as mentioned above.  blank screen.  Was connected before.  Unlink to reset and cannot "link" back to netflix.  Tested on newish iOS mobile and newish Android with same behavior.  Hmmm.

I gave up waiting and just bought a Roku instead. I didn't have to reset anything to sign in, nor sign back in to every other device that my whole family has Netflix on in the process. So much easier, and I'm not waiting for something to be fixed.

I'm having the same problem today..

Dani3
Community Member

same problem here,after seeing all these people having the same issue for so long im preety much convinced that google is not following up on this or trying to fix it.

Having the same issue. Netflix stopped working on Google Home, I unlinked and now can't relink. I seem to be having the same issue as stated here. 

Same issue.  Netflix suddenly unlinked.  When I try to relink using the Google home app on my phone, I get stuck on this link

https://clients3.google.com/cast/auth/3p/done?status=error 

Google home is getting really buggy these days.  It has trouble with YouTube, and now this.  I'm seriously thinking about switching all my home devices to Alexa. 

855-971-9121 Call this number and create a personal report for the issue. They say they can fix some by going over a few things on the phone with you but it won’t work. They will create a ticket and escalate it to an engineer to look into your account to hopefully resolve the issue. I created a ticket and am waiting for the advanced support to reach out to me/investigate the issue. 

I am having the same problem today, did u resolve your issue ?

Same problem here. Have changed email to match Google account, changed password, run on incognito, nothing works. 

Does anyone have a solution it still don't not work..

J9
Community Member

Same. Have submitted feedback 

I have had this issue several times over the last year and no clue what solved it on the previous times, it just seemed to work as quickly as it stopped. However, I can't get it to work this time. I was happily watching Netflix using Google assistant through Chromecast, I stopped it to briefly watch something using my phone on ITV hub and then when my programme was finished I couldn't connect to Netflix via Google assistant anymore. It was telling me it couldn't connect and then that there was no linked Netflix account. I can still stream Netflix via Chromecast using my phone. I have unlinked my account as Google assistant told me to but when I try to link it again, I get a blank screen with the the following URL that other people have had and is the same as what I used to get. 

https://clients3.google.com/cast/auth/3p/done?status=error.  

It really is about time this was fixed as this is not the only thread that has people with the same issue. Also none of the work around a that have been suggested work for me. I have tried them this time and I also tried them on the previous occasions this happened to me. 

When trying on a different browser I get this URL that actually shows a message on the screen. 

https://clients3.google.com/cast/auth/3p/netflix/callback?state=APx6nTMEohRcObly2o-sTTFQZPsbl7hmx_mZ...

400. That’s an error.

The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That’s all we know.

Moboy
Community Member

Exactly the same issue here

Yes I'm having the same problem, can't link my netflix account and it just keeps bringing me to a blank page with no sign of progress contacted netflix and they can't do anything on their side 

Same problem. I changed no settings before this happened.

Same here Netflix won’t connect Disney plus connecting fine …. I’m just getting client3.google.com on a blank screen 

Mine is doing this exact thing too now. As of today. 

Jgar1
Community Member

same issue here🤬

Same issue. Google support, please let me know when it's fixed

I am in a chat with Google support right now. They appear to be absolutely clouless. I wonder if that will ever work again.

I am also having this issue! 

I am also having this issue

Tuzac
Community Member

Same issue here. Was working perfectly but chromecast told me to unlink and link again. Now it won't relink...

Same problem here, seems that Google is not able to contact Netflix to work hand by hand to fix this issue.

While then hundred of users (or millions) are not able to cast Netflix content on their Nest hub devices...

Very sad 😞.

Same issue, updates with breaking changes are fun 

Cjt
Community Member

Bought the nest today, having issues with connecting to Netflix. Why??? Just a  black screen doing nothing 

Ditto same thing multiple devices attempted. Either something at Google has changed or something with Netflix. Google should be able to determine if they've pushed any changes since the start of this and roll them back.... Not like they would actually admit fault though.

Natas
Community Member

Guess what? Same **bleep** here as well 😑

I have the same.problem, tried reinstalling multiple time..

Same problem here sort this Google your a giant tech company