cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Never connected - Google Nest Mini

Bensimpson1981
Community Member

I have several Nest Minis and Home Minis and a Home Max.

ALL of them have severe connectivity issues. 

They are never connected to wifi.

They always have to be rebooted to get them to work and then they only work for a short time.

They are all utilizing 2.4ghz wifi only, they are all within 20 feet of the router. 

When I do try to use them the are typically the only devices on the wifi.

I have a rock solid 200mbps down and 15mbps up internet connection.

My wifi is th only one being broadcast in this area.

I have done full factory reset on all of them several time with no improvement.

I have also noted that the problem gets worse and worse with every new firmware release.

Is this Google's way of forcing me to upgrade my device...?

Seems pretty shadey.

I am getting closer and closer to ditching everything Google in my life at this point.

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Bensimpson1981 

I'm just another Google Nest customer, and cannot tell what's causing your devices to disconnect from Wi-Fi. But my guess is that Google Nest is not doing anything to worsen connectivity with each firmware release to force us to upgrade, or it would be affecting all of us.

I think internet connection speed is just one of several factors to consider. Another is what Wi-Fi equipment you're using, and whether it's providing sufficient bandwidth, signal strength, and speed.

I have only basic networking and Wi-Fi skills, so I don't know what to suggest. I only know that our two Linksys routers configured as access points and connected via Ethernet cable to our Xfinity/Comcast modem provide consistent Wi-Fi access to all of our Google Nest cameras, doorbells, Nest Hubs, and Nest Mini, as well as numerous non-Google devices.