cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No Startup Sound on Google Nest Speaker

Puthoo05
Community Member

There is no sound from my speaker while I try to setup. I have tried to reset it but still in vain. The lights are responsive however there is no sound. Has anyone else got this issue? Any solutions please.

4 REPLIES 4

Ivan_R
Community Member

Hi Puthoo05,

Thank you for letting me know. 

Yes, others have encountered a lack of sound during Nest speaker setup, and there are solutions to try before giving up on your new device. Here are some steps you can take:

Basic Checks:

• Double-check volume: Make sure your phone or tablet (the device you're using for setup) has the volume turned up halfway or higher.
  • Speaker is powered on: This seems obvious, but ensure the Nest speaker is plugged in and receiving power.

App Troubleshooting:

• Play test sound again: Within the Google Home app, during setup, there should be an option to "Try Again" for the test sound. Select this and see if the speaker produces audio.
  • App restart: Close the Google Home app completely and relaunch it. This can sometimes resolve minor glitches.

Device Reboot:

• Power cycle the speaker: Unplug the power cable from your Nest speaker for a minute, then plug it back in. This can often clear up temporary issues.

Advanced Troubleshooting:

• Factory reset: If the above steps fail, consider a factory reset of the Nest speaker. This will erase all settings and data. Consult the information in the article Can't hear test sound during setup.

By following these steps, you should hopefully be able to resolve the no sound issue and complete your Nest speaker setup.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Ivan

BugSlayer
Community Member

In the course of trying to get my BT amp to act as the default speakers for my Hub, I had to reboot frequently, and I noticed this happen on some occasions but not all.

Hi Ivan,

I have tried all these steps but still no luck.

Thanks for your response.

Cibin

Ivan_R
Community Member

Hi there,

I understand you've tried all the troubleshooting steps, and that's frustrating.  Thanks for being so patient.  A couple more things to try: 

• Make sure your phone/tablet and the speaker are on the same Wi-Fi network, especially the 2.4 GHz band.
  • You can also try restarting your Wi-Fi router.

If those don't work, the best course of action might be to fill out this Contact Us form to get further assistance.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Ivan