cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Notifications telling me that my Max Hub is offline when it isn't

Sashi48
Community Member

nest hub max repeatedly notifies my phone that the camera/kitchen display is offline. 23xs in 2 hrs! Im home now standing in Front of the camera talking to google , yet its still telling me at the same time the camera/kitchen display  is "off line"  Butt its NOT

11 REPLIES 11

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Sashi48 

Have you tried a simple reboot, either by unplugging your Nest Hub Max for a minute, or by selecting it in the Google Home app and going to Settings | More | Reboot?

Removing the home app seems to be the only solution at this point but at least I'm getting some peace and quiet

E4kenndr
Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue with nest doorbell but it's fine when I load the feed up instantly after receiving notification.

Have you recently enrolled in the nest aware which is now included in some Google one subscriptions?

I have and this started shortly after.

Possibly yet another Google bug that'll take months to be acknowledged then fixed

Sashi48
Community Member

I have made no changes to anything that would cause this. However my solution has been to remove the home app. Each individual device has its own app that is notifying me just fine without the constant bleep bleep of notifications

Glp79
Community Member

Same thing is happening to me.  I suspect they introduced a bug in their backend device status monitoring service.

Sashi48
Community Member

I removed Home App. All is well now

Mattman
Community Member

Hub Max just started doing this to me.

Sashi48
Community Member

Removing Home App has put a stop to the incessant notifications

Sashi48
Community Member

My SIL 40 miles away was having the same issue from home app from front door camera to other google devices. I solved the issue by removing the Home appp The notices stopped immediately. My nest app alerts me appropriately, all other cameras linked thru Home App now alert me individually through their own apps. Im holding off reinstalling the app until I get home and can trouble shoot 

TechMinion
Community Member

Several users have reported the same issue with a lengthy thread indicating a server-side problem. Hard to believe it's a coincidence at this point.. 

I have the same issue on both of my Hub Max units, it started on Thursday, March 7th. They are still online and working but they both send offline notifications at the same time, my other Google cameras work fine and don't send offline notifications.