I have set my Nest Display (1st Gen) to make phone calls using Google Due with my cell phone number.
I have a few issues that I can not find support for:
1. Can I call my own phone from the hub? For example, if I am away from home and my family wants to call from home.
2. Why does my phone appear as private number? I can not find anything in the settings to correct this.
3. Some calls made from the hub do not connect to the receiver. It shows on the hub that I am making a call but the person I am calling does not get a notification.
4. I thought if I was calling a phone number that the receiver did not have to have Google Duo. Is that true?
Thanks for your help. It has been a frustrating process to get this working. It seems that all YouTubers that help have older versions and the apps settings do not have the same options. Also, no one seems to address these issues.
1 I already have myself in my household contacts.
2. There is not an option to edit my own number.
3. Not all receivers have Google Duo but I believe this isn’t a necessity. I can ask Google hub to call a pizza place.
4. I just asked google to call Papa John’s Pizza and it worked.
My issues are still not resolved.
Thanks for posting.
A few questions: were you able to call your phone before? May I know what country you're now located in? Are you making calls using Duo calling, Google-supported calls or Mobile calling? For more detailed information, check out this guide on the types of calls you can make with your Nest Hub. In the meantime, it would help a lot if you could do a sequential reboot first. Unplug the power cord of your router followed by your Nest Hub. Plug them back in after 3 minutes tops. Restarting your phone might also help.
Tell us how it goes.