cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Playing Radio via TuneIn

GJANZEGERS
Community Member

Help !

A couple of days ago my nest audio speakers ( I bought 3 for playing radio ! ) stopped playing VRT radio channels ( Belgiums most important radiostations ..VRT1...VRTKlara...etc ).

I get the message...item not found or not avaiable

After consulting VRT..it seems that indeed there were some technical changes and that TuneIn needed to change indexes ( ?? ) on the platform. 

How can I get this message to TuneIn ?

Is there another Solution?

61 REPLIES 61

burguetjf
Community Member

The same happened to me for the same Belgian stations. VRT might have changed something at their end. I'll investigate.

RonnyG
Community Member

I guess Google better investigates as the streams of VRT work well on the TuneIn app and on their website. Problems are between TuneIn and Google connections.

And Google please stop that crap of earning badges for everything, we're not little children!!!

dannybols
Community Member

Same here, the VRT Radio1 station is NOT playing on my Nest Speakers though it will play on the TuneIn app and Website.

RonnyG
Community Member

Same here, VRT Radio2 Antwerpen will not play via TuneIn. The Nest mini says it is playing it but no sound. Same channel on TuneIn free works on my mobile phone, but casting to the Nest mini won't work. Other internet radio services playing the same channel on my phone can be played on the mini via audiocast. I have 2 mini's and both experience the same problem. Please sort this asap or give European customers the choice to choose which streaming service they want to use as default in the Google Home app as in the USA and Canadian users can.

BjörnIse
Community Member

I tried some more, and when I get confirmation that the station will be played (by saying "Play on TuneIn VRT Radio 1"), no sound is coming from my Mini's or Audio, but when I tap the device, it starts playing, so it seems there's another bug that doesn't start to play the music automatically (same bug for Spotify). What are we, permanent beta-testers???

RonnyG
Community Member

If I tap the mini itself to increase or decrease the sound nothing happens. If I change the soundlevel from within the app, nothing happens too when 'playing' TuneIn ... on a VRT radio channel. E.g. Nostalgie does  play ...

RonnyG
Community Member

I tried again doing the 'tap' trick. After tapping 3 times in the middle of the Nest Mini with a sec. between each tap, the magic happened too 🤔. For now it is playing VRT Radio2 Antwerpen on TuneIn. Indeed this looks like a bug which mutes sound without displaying it in the home app if you want to stream a VRT channel via TuneIn?

RonnyG
Community Member

Must have been a lucky shot? I told Google to stop and the cast from TuneIn to the mini went on pause in the Home app. I stopped the casting in the app, ordered the mini to play Radio2 again and if I look to the cast in the Home app now, all buttons there are grayed out. Also the 'tap' trick does not work anymore. After restarting the mini no luck... .

Inderdaad… uw tip werkt. Voor radio 2 maar nog niet voor radio 1. Sommige zenders heb je deze tip niet nodig. Ja, we zijn inderdaad betatesters. Bedankt. Ik werd eter bijna gek van. 😄😄

JanVersmissen
Community Member

Same problem here. Tapping the device is also not helping ...

mvanimpe
Community Member

You can stream from the VRT MAX app from your phone to a speaker (temporary solution).
Temporary cause you can't give a voice command to start the stream - you have to use your phone - that's not why i bought a google speaker

mvanimpe
Community Member

we have to send messages to tune-in -> they are the main reason i think

https://help.tunein.com/nl/contact

RonnyG
Community Member

TunIn and Google are partners, they have to sort it out, not end users (customers)

mvanimpe
Community Member

I agree,

but...

The first post in this topic was posted yesterday and there is no sign they are listening to us on this page...

I've send an email to Tune-in 1hour ago and already got a respons that they are looking in to it...
So lets hope this effort makes things move faster in the direction of a solution...

RonnyG
Community Member

I'm afraid the problem is on the Google side, at least the 'tap' bug. I don't know if the mini had a firmware update yesterday or the day before?

mvanimpe
Community Member

If i press the play button on my nest hub max it doesn't do anything

i can see the radio 1 logo and the play button but it doesn't do anything when i touch that button

On my Nest hub it only works if I use a gesture but the play button doesn't work either 

You can sayto Google Nest eg Radio 2, indeed, it does't play, but after this you open the Google Home app on your device, and then you see at the bottom the Nest that is paused on the Radio 2; just press on play in the app and it is playing on your Nest 🙂

RonnyG
Community Member

Unfortunately there is no pause/play button to press... .

philipppe
Community Member

Hi Ronny, in the Google Home app you can find all your devices, including the Nest, when you see it, tap on it and then you will see 'Radio 2' paused, there you can tap on it. It is so that you first of all have to speak to your Nest, and after this open Google Home app.

I know it used to be working without further steps but for now on it works for me...

Ps MNM does work so I don't know where is the bug

RonnyG
Community Member

Hi Philippe, don't worry, I know where to find it after ordering the Mini to play. But in this special situation there is no logo, nor buttons. The only 2 things that display i.e. the volume circle and the text 'wordt nu afgespeeld' ... I will try again with first playing Nostalgie and then again VRT, but as told yesterday, if the buttons are there all are greyed out and unable to push. Still if I could push the buttons this is not a definitive solution but a annoying workaround.

Screenshot_2023-09-21-09-16-34-554_com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app.jpg

RonnyG
Community Member

If I play Nostalgie everything works as it should. If I order to play VRT after that, there is no button next to the logo and clicking the Mini does show the pause button now but it does not work. Playing Nostalgie again and again VRT; now the play button shows next to the logo at the bottom and clicking the Mini reveales that VRT is playing. Screenshots:

Screenshot_2023-09-21-09-55-49-974_com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app.jpgScreenshot_2023-09-21-09-56-24-167_com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app.jpgScreenshot_2023-09-21-09-56-59-094_com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app.jpgScreenshot_2023-09-21-09-57-32-267_com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app.jpg

It used to start playing automatically. Same.problem with Spotify at the moment, so I suppose a firm/software bug.

Wilfriedvdb
Community Member

Tapping the device in the middle does the trick.

In my case ..nope

There is sound BUT.

When I say...

* Play VRT RADIO 1...it plays VRT Classics ( so another station from the group )
* Play VRT RADIO 2… it plays VRT BRF
* Play VRT RADIO Klara it plays VRT RADIO Klara ! 😊

Point is it does not work as it is supposed to work as you said in your opening post and Google has to repair things in collaboration with TuneIn probably.

Time to react from Google's side in this post ... and repair things.

I think the moderators are having a few days off 😳

mvanimpe
Community Member

Update from VRT:

Bedankt voor uw belangstelling voor VRT.

We waarderen het wanneer kijkers, luisteraars en andere mediagebruikers hun mening en feedback met ons delen. Wij trachten hier vervolgens in de mate van het mogelijke rekening mee te houden.

Onze technische dienst is hiervan op de hoogte en doet er alles aan om dit probleem zo snel mogelijk op te lossen. U hoeft zelf niks te ondernemen. Wij excuseren ons voor de overlast en danken u voor uw geduld. 

Wij hopen u hiermee van dienst te zijn geweest en wensen u nog veel luister- en kijkplezier met ons aanbod.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Thomas

Bedankt voor je bericht.

Hopenlijk komt er een oplossing.

Momenteel werkt volgende procedure voor mij :

Opdracht...Hey Google play VRT Radio 1 on TuneIn...als ik dan 1 of meer tikken geef bovenop speaker doet hij het.

! Werkt enkel bij Engelstalige opdracht, bij Nederlandse opdracht speelt hij steeds VRT Radio Classics 

jvdw1
Community Member

I think this is causing the issue:

- VRT recently changed their streaming platform => new URL

- I found that TuneIn has 2 URL's for each "problem" radio station: Radio 1, Radio2 & Klara

- Google starts the wrong streaming URL and it stays "buffering"

- Starting e.g. Radio 2 on TuneIn and then casting to Chromecast, google nest,... works fine

So to me, Google needs to update their list of streaming URL's but as Google is not answering to this forum, it might be nice if you send this info to your contact at VRT so they can speed up the solution to this problem.

RonnyG
Community Member

You only have to send your invoice for the works of your research to Google now. They still have to repair on their side. Maybe someone has the time to chat with Google support?

mvanimpe
Community Member

Hé Google! Fix this please!

dannybols
Community Member

I have involved Google Home support and they were very supportive redirecting met to TuneIn support. Also these guys seems to be very supportive but they are planning to involve GoogleHome developers. Feels like we are running around in circles here. I'm trying to escalate it now.
--
Gr. Danny

Been there - did the same last week - my ticket was being send to a higher 'level' last friday....
No response since then...

Hello Maarten,

I’ve escalated this issue to my supervisor for assistance and will respond as soon as I hear back from them.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything else. Thank you for making it TuneIn!

Sincerely,
Kim-Moy Small
TuneIn

Since this morning "VRT Radio 1" is playing again on all of my devices. On one of my devices the "NPO Radio 1" was playing instead and I could correct it by using the command "Play VRT Radio 1 from Belgium on TuneIn".

I informed Google Home support and TuneIn support and asked them both for the root cause. Both did not know what was the root cause and why we could not listen to the stream for more than 1 week.
--
Gr. Danny

No luck here yet: either it says it will playing VRT Radio 1 Classics or nothing, and it doesn't start playing automatically. I'll have to be patient 🙂

Did you try this command "Play VRT Radio 1 from Belgium on TuneIn"?

Ah, no, didn't try that one, but when I say "Speel op TuneIn VRT Radio 1" it works!!! Thanks for all the efforts!

RonnyG
Community Member

Definitely there is a problem with streaming the correct stream. If one says 'ok google, speel vrt radio2 Antwerpen ' and monitors the home app at the same time, the TuneIn banner appears at the bottom. One might have to try 10 to 15 times  before he has the luck to seeing appear the play

Screenshot_2023-09-26-09-55-22-253_com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app.jpg

button ( and thus receiving the correct stream url ). Only when the 'play' button is visible at the right side of the cast icon, you can tap the button (or the Nest Mini) to unpause the stream and hear the right radio channel. The problem does only exist on Google's gear, not if you open the TuneIn app itself to stream that same channel. This proves the problem is definitely on Google's side!

mvanimpe
Community Member

The people from Tunein fixed it -> Thank you Tune In!
People from google did their best for 'not responding'

Hello Maarten,

Thank you for your patience with us.

Can you please retest the device and let me know if you are successful?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for making it TuneIn!

Sincerely,
Kim-Moy Small