cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Playing Radio via TuneIn

GJANZEGERS
Community Member

Help !

A couple of days ago my nest audio speakers ( I bought 3 for playing radio ! ) stopped playing VRT radio channels ( Belgiums most important radiostations ..VRT1...VRTKlara...etc ).

I get the message...item not found or not avaiable

After consulting VRT..it seems that indeed there were some technical changes and that TuneIn needed to change indexes ( ?? ) on the platform. 

How can I get this message to TuneIn ?

Is there another Solution?

61 REPLIES 61

Hi Maarten, could you please ask them for the root cause. I'm just curious what happened and how they fixed it.

--

Gr. Danny

#

😉 

RonnyG
Community Member

I can confirm for Radio2 Antwerpen I had to try again 4 times this morning before it was possible to unpause and hear the stream... . Will try again this evening.

RonnyG
Community Member

For those people that are claiming that it is ok, can someone try with 'VRT Radio2 Antwerpen' and tick the Casting button on the TuneIn banner while in the Home app please and select 'stop casting'. After that try again playing VRT Radio2 Antwerpen and report back if it works without problems. For me the problem is not solved ... the play button is not present to unpause the stream, so no music until after trying several times that button appears and unmute plays the stream. Thanks beforehand.

Strange I also thought the problem was solved ...but yet again no streaming when I want to play Radio 2.

Remarks.

- everything is fine when I ask the speaker to play VRT Radio 1 in the English language.... a no go when I try the same for Radio 2 !!...it says it will play Radio R2 VB on TuneIn..but nothing happens !

In the home app..it shows that Radio2 Brabant should be playing...wich it also does when I push the play sign .

As I always listen to VRT Radio 1..I made a routine for that ..and that fixed the problem in my case.

So the conclusion is...problem. is NOT solved 😞

Same problem for VRT Radio KLARA ...it seems that fixing this problem requires rocket science abilities.

Did we rally send People to the Moon ?

Google...TuneIn...VRT.....get your heads together please.

This is so annoying 😞

JanVersmissen
Community Member

Problem solved. Thanks to everyone who helped.

No..it isn't 😞

Try VRT Radio Klara for instance !

GJANZEGERS
Community Member

Since this morning...it seems the problem is finally solved.....Halleluja 🙂

Txs everyone for sharing and making a buzz... 

RonnyG
Community Member

NOT solved, still the same problems. Google support has the same problem: no sound, no sollution?

dannybols
Community Member

Reply from TuneIn support on the root cause of the issue:

"Hey There, Thank you for getting back to us. We're happy to see your issue was resolved. The root caused for the station for not playing on the Google device is because one of the streams was not compatible to work on Google Home devices. It was adjusted so it can work perfectly for listeners like you. Thank you again for your support of TuneIn."

RonnyG
Community Member

Hi Danny,

As said before: NOT solved for VRT Radio2 Antwerpen at least ... . Please open your case at TuneIn again so they can investigate further?

dannybols
Community Member

Hi Ronny, just tested "VRT Radio2 Antwerpen" on my device and it replies back with the correct description of the station but it does NOT play the stream. Seems like a similar issue as we had with "VRT Radio 1". You can report the problem to TuneIn Support <support at tunein.com> or use the Google Home form here https://google.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2aStd8wsbcLGvwG

--
Gr. Danny

RonnyG
Community Member

Funny, half of this tread is about VRT Radio2 Antwerpen... . I'll try TuneIn support as Google has no succes solving it?

Thanks,

Ronny.

yov
Community Member

Same problems here, i can not fix this in any way, no pause/play buttons in the app ether.

RonnyG
Community Member

Yov. I opened a case for Radio2 Antwerpen at TuneIn via the e-mail address provided by dannybols. The more people escallate this problem there, the sooner the problem for all vrt streams get resolved as Google seems to be as passive as can be?

Can you give the email adress please ?

It's ok ..I found it in the thread !

ndn
Community Member

Still doesn't works for vrt Radio 1 and vrt Radio 2. Vrt Studio Brussel however works.
Anyone knows the status of this topic?

RonnyG
Community Member

Until today no progress after contacting TuneIn support... . BTW: Where is Google support when you need them? The more people that contact TuneIn/Google the faster a sollution?

JohannV
Community Member

VRT radio 1 werkt prima bij mij. En inderdaad radio 2 niet. Ook niet met een play erachter. 

RonnyG
Community Member

Vanaf deze ochtend werkt de afroep 'speel vrt Radio2 Antwerpen' ook terug als vanouds. Na 4 weken van uiterst passieve support desks van Google en TuneIn dan toch een oplossing!