cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Spotify displays as playing but no audio comes out

NaoMari
Community Member

This has been going on for a month or two, where Spotify will show that it's playing, the progress bar shows time advancing, it loads the graphic and track name, but no sound comes out. Maybe every handful of tracks will it actually play. It happened intermittently at first and now it's all the time. 

It doesn't matter if I ask the device to play music, try to select music on Spotify from either of my Nest Hub Max screens, cast from my iPhone, iPad, or cast from my MacBook (both my personal or work computers). It doesn't matter which device I ask, whether it's a Nest Hub Max or a Mini. And I can cast from the Spotify app on my MacBook to my Samsung TV just fine. 

Streaming other things like various NPR stations or Pandora works. This is specifically an issue with the Google Nest plus Spotify.

I have already searched the forum. I have had a Spotify premium account for years, nothing has changed recently with my account, I've restarted my devices, and nothing fixes this issue. It's not tied to a specific music or playlist and it doesn't coincide with Spotfiy outages. 

At this point I'm ready to throw away my devices because routines are already useless once they switched to time delay sequences rather than time-specific. 

6 REPLIES 6

ZS12
Community Member

i’ve the exact same problem! resetting doesn’t help either!

JustineAG
Community Member

Same problem here!   My nest mini will play if I ask it to play music but not the hub.

Casting from my mbp works but not my iphone.

XSpotifyier
Community Member

Yup - keeps happening to my Iphone - have to uninstall and reinstall almost daily now!!  Looks like I'm going back to SiriusXM

giannidtz
Community Member

Same problem here too, can be reproduced on a Nest Hub v1 and v2.

Krazkat06
Community Member

Hi does anyone have a solution to this? It happened to me as well? I have both nest hub 1 and 2 and both say it's connected and the music progress slider shows the music is playing and it is connected. But there is no sound!

I gave up. Nothing I tried works consistently and I use my TV now instead 🫠