Thanks for reaching out.
Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues on linking your Spotify to your Google Nest Mini.
Note: For all services, speakers and displays currently support a single account per streaming service.
Hope this helps.
Thank you! Please try these steps below:
Keep us posted.
Could you please select first "No Default Player" and reboot the Google Nest Mini as well as the Home app. After that, follow the steps posted above and let's see how it goes.
Just bumping in to make sure that you've seen our responses. I'll be locking this thread if we won't hear back from you again in 24 hours. Feel free to create a new one if you have more questions or have other concerns in the future.
Update: after struggling with this for weeks, I finally linked Spotify. I've been trying using my iPhone SE (iOS 15.6) and it was not working – right after I would press 'link' in the Google Home app, the Spotify app would briefly flash across my screen, I'd see a check mark, and then I'd be taken back Google Home where Spotify was still not linked.
I downloaded Google Home on my iPad Air (4th Gen, iOS 15.6) and tried linking Spotify and it worked!
Thanks for updating the Community forum of your resolution — it's a big help! We'll keep this thread open so that we can check with other users if your resolution works for them.
Got it working on my end.
things I tried (that didn’t work):
- revoking Spotify Google permission, and then relinking
- uninstalling Spotify and Google home, reinstalling and then relinking
- rebooting phone
- making sure Home and Spotify and iOS fully updated
- trying on WiFi and on cellular
what worked for me just now:
- deleted Spotify from my iphone (but kept Google Home app installed)
- revokes Google permission from Spotify (https://www.spotify.com/us/account/apps/?_ga=2.50686368.824755893.1660862489-679090592.1643390638)
- then relinked Google Home w Spotify. Instead of kicking the auth into the Spotify app, it did it over the web and was able to link successfully
- I reinstalled Spotify app, and everything works as it should