cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Stuck on nothing

Arandom
Community Member

I changed my wifi network, but when I did, I lost all connection to my Google Nest Hub. Nothing I do from the Google Home app is recognized because it needs internet to connect to the Nest Hub. But the Nest Hub is stuck on a wifi network that doesn't even exist anymore, no matter what I do, it always ends up on the same setup screen and stays there, not letting me do anything.

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

If you've already changed to a different Wi-Fi network, you used these steps?

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. At the bottom, tap Devices > + Add > New device.
  3. Follow the in-app steps.

If these steps above didn't solve the issue, you’ll need to factory reset your speaker or display, then set it up again using your new Wi-Fi network and password.

Instead of factory resetting your speaker or display, if you're comfortable changing your router settings, you can change your new Wi-Fi network name and password in your router's settings to be the same as the previous ones. If it is still trying to connect to your previous Wi-Fi network, then it should then automatically connect to the Wi-Fi.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

If you've already changed to a different Wi-Fi network, you used these steps?

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. At the bottom, tap Devices > + Add > New device.
  3. Follow the in-app steps.

If these steps above didn't solve the issue, you’ll need to factory reset your speaker or display, then set it up again using your new Wi-Fi network and password.

Instead of factory resetting your speaker or display, if you're comfortable changing your router settings, you can change your new Wi-Fi network name and password in your router's settings to be the same as the previous ones. If it is still trying to connect to your previous Wi-Fi network, then it should then automatically connect to the Wi-Fi.