cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

speaker group problems

orionox
Community Member

I have three Google devices That I want to play music in sync with each other using Spotify. For two of the devices that does not appear to be a problem. The Google Hub Max in the living room and the google speaker in the office will easily play music together with no problems. Getting the Google Hub in the bedroom to play music with either of the other devices is proving impossible though. The device shows up in my google home app displaying the information that I've provided below. It itself can play music, but I cannot get it to play music with either of the other two in any configuration. If I start the music on the google app and open the "media" circle at the top and try and start the music on either of the other devices I get an endless loading circle. If I start the music on either of the other devices and try to use the media tab to start it on the bedroom display, I also get an endless loading circle. I've added the bedroom hub into a speaker group, but when I activate the speaker group in any way, the two speakers that already work together start spitting out music, but the one in the bedroom group does not. 

Google Hub Max:
system firmware version: 258908
Cast Firmware: 1.54.258908
WiFi: GoogleHomeNetwork
Placement: Living Room

Google speaker #1:
system firmware version: 250118
Cast Firmware: 1.54.250118
Placement: Office 

Google Hub (One without Camera):
System firmware version: 1.20210119.2.1390060
Cast Firmware: 1.52.260996
Placement: Bedroom
1 REPLY 1

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I replied to your last post and saw this one, so I will respond here.   Thanks for the additional info.  This is definitely odd.. my suggestion is to factory reset the hub and start fresh.  Luckily it does not take long to set these up, and hopefully this fixes the issue.