cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't link xiaomi home and google home anymore

Kamoulocks
Community Member

Hi,

I'm able to link my xiaomi home account and my google assistant.

When i try, i got a error message that tell me this :

could not reach mi home, please try again.

Tried to reboot the phone, uninstall/reinstall Xiaomi home app and google home app.

It suddenly stop to work so i deleted the link between the 2 account and now i can't make the setup again, always the same error message.

Any tips please ?

Thank you.

1 Recommended Answer

Odell00
Community Member

Hey guys! I found a temporally fix. 

You must use the samsung smart things app and sync it with your yeelight/xiaomi account. If your smart device dose not appear in the yeelight app, you have to install an older version that can connect to mijia bulbs. I found a russian version that works just fine for my MJDPL01YL. https://eda-studio.ru/apk/transl/com.yeelight.cherry.apk 

Sync your smart things app with the yeelight account and all your bulbs will appear in the samsung app.

Connect your samsung smart things app with your google home app and your bulbs should appear.

This is a temporally fix that i found after 2 days of no sleep. I don't think it is the best but it works.

Google's local home sdk dose not work with this.

I think there is a google problem because the samsung app worked just fine. I think it also works with bixby.

Google please fix it.

View Recommended Answer in original post

596 REPLIES 596

Ramon
Community Member

It's working in Samsung's app, but I can't link it to Google Home

NirG
Community Member

As wrote below, I found the Samsung SmartThings as mitigation and it worked for me. What's the issue you are facing? Did you succeeded to connect the SmartThings account to your Google Home?

Same here in the philippines

Yappy
Community Member

Same here in Singapore since few days ago. Hey Google, please fix the bug.

Me too at Hong Kong

Same here HK

Me too, last night, I did unlink and cannot link Mi Home to Google Home, 😞

Hello.

Same problem in Spain. Mi Home is useless from Google since yesterday.

Igual, no va. Google fix It, please

NirG
Community Member

Found another on going thread on the issue- https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Apps-Account/Can-t-link-xiaomi-home-and-google-home-anymore/t...

Some are using the Samsung SmartThings as mitigation to bypass the problematic direct integration between Mi Home and Google Home. I just validated it and it worked for me either.

Although I prefer it to be direct integration at least now I have mitigation, still waiting for the official solution.

BobbyRobert
Community Member

Oh, Okay, thanks bro, I will do this for temporary solution,  I prefer also the Mi Home app

Ramon
Community Member

Thank you very much, great workaround

Stevie
Community Member

It also worked for me. 

tonywcho
Community Member

Yes, it works temporarily. Thanks for your great advice

Not working here too. Don't see mi home in Samsung Smartthings, how do you guys do?

NirG
Community Member

I have only Xiaomi smart bulbs, so I used the SmartThings integration with Yeelight which use the Mi account, and it automatically identified my 3 bulbs in the SmartThings. After that I added SmartThings in Google Home.

BobbyRobert
Community Member

It doesn't show any device of Yeelight (but login under xiaomi )from me 😞

Check my post. You have to download a modified app.

emfietzi
Community Member

Whats the name of the app ??

Topnut
Community Member

How about other Xiaomi Products like Fans?

Did this too. I have Mi Smart Plugs that don't show, not sure I can get those plugs in yeelight

Same here in Germany. My lights were shown offline in the Google Home App, but online in Xiaomi App.

I have an Alexa Speaker. Linked it to the Amazon device, works flawlessly.

But i dont want to use Amazon.

Please fix this Google 🙂

Manu
Community Member

Same in Portugal... 

Willy
Community Member

Same here in Indonesia. Error since 2nd November.

The Samsung workaround does work for the Yeelight Bulbs, but not for my 3 Mi Smart Plugs WiFi 😞

LilloHd
Community Member

Yes, only bulb... 

Same here in taiwan 

I got this issue today, I hope that it will be fixed soon.

Same in Germany

Same problem bro! Since yesterday! 

Exactly the same here from Portugal 

It's been more than 48 hours now..

@GoogleNestTeam please update by when the issue will be resolved? 

It works now in spain

The issue has been resolved now.

I followed below steps:

1. Clear app data for Google Home and Mi Home apps

2. Uninstall Google Home and Mi Home

3. Reinstall Google Home app

4. Go to setting on Google Home app and select Works with Google

5. Search for Mi Home

6. Enter credentials for Mi Account and you will be able to see the devices from Mi Home listed

7. You can now install Mi Home app again (optional step, the devices from Mi Home added to Google Home will work from Step 6)

It has nothing to do with all these steps, is just google fix the service now... I have done this when I 1st reply to this post and not working at all... Now I just reconnect without doing anything and it work ... It is more due to google ... not having any relation with setup

yebraambiental
Community Member

No es posible conectar la cuenta de Mi Home de Xiaomi al Google Home, dice que hay error de conexión. Por favor verificar y arreglar. Ya no es posible controlar dispositivos Xiaomi desde el Google Home.

Tengo el mismo problema, hace un par de días no estaba conectándose a la ampolleta y revisando las configuraciones decidí desvincular y volver a vincular cuenta Xiaomi pero me sale el mismo error

javier_laborda
Community Member

resuslta imposible conectar google home con todos los dispositivos que tengo en Mi home

Me pasa lo mismo, he desinstalado ambas apps y ahora me da error al tratar de enlazar mi home con Google assistant

I cannot connect also my Mi Home with Google Home 😞