cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G suite accounts not supported

Brian_n_Kim
Community Member

I know this has been asked before, I read the chats.
Sadly, Google takes the stance that Nest was not designed for businesses, so they don't allow GSuite accounts.
Like many other people, my family email has been set up as a GSuite for decades.   I think I've been a GSuite (or a predecessor) for almost 20 years, with my family email.
Like others, who stated the same thing, my GSuite is NOT a business account.
Comments are disabled on the other posts with this, so I'm opening a new thread to let you know that I'm yet another unhappy customer.
I only have 1 personal email account, my GSuite personal email account.  I've had it for about 20 years or more.
And I can't use my personal Gmail account with Nest, because Google forgets that they let families do this.
This is a really dumb policy, and needs to be re-thought.

5 REPLIES 5

lol1235940
Community Member

#

lol1235940
Community Member

#

# #

#

Oobernabber
Community Member

Same issue here - setup my family domain with Google 20 years ago…was a great (free!) service for many years. Now I pay for each account, which is annoying but understandable.  However, I’m starting to feel like I am paying for something that isn’t right for our needs.  We are a family of four, have a custom domain and email addresses, and a large home filled with smart devices, so adding a Nest makes sense…or so I thought until I was told I can’t use my G-Suite PERSONAL email address with Nest. So I guess I’ll just create a free gmail account instead…such a waste…hopefully I only need it to enable the Nest to work, as there is no way I I’ll be checking that address. Suppose I could setup an auto-forward…

How many folks have to complain about this before Google takes action?

lol1235940
Community Member

#