So, sometime over the last week, my wife's iPhone has started losing cell service whenever she opens up the Google Home App. As you can see from the attached video, it instantly loses and drops cellular service as soon as the app is open, then flickers in and out of service, and then when she closes the app, it flashes SOS and then regains service.
We've talked with our cellular service provider, apple support, and google support and they each keep pointing to each other as the problem. Has anyone else ever run into this problem, and fixed it? It's super frustrating because anytime she's away from home and disconnected from the wifi, even opening a notification from the Google Home app causes a loss of cellular service, meaning she can't control or view anything remotely, and also can't troubleshoot from inside the app when not connected to WIFI. =Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, we've been trying different troubleshooting for the past 24hrs and no luck.
Troubleshooting we've tried thus far:
- Sim Swap with my phone - When putting her sim into my phone, the issue doesn't persist, leading me to think this is a device-specific problem as opposed to cellular
- Hard reset of iPhone - didn't change results
- Deleting Google Home app and re-installing - Didn't change results, but weirdly, when she un-installs the google home app and then reinstalls it, the first time she opens the app on her phone, it doesn't lose service, but if she closes the app and re-opens it, the problem persists
- Backing up iPhone, and hard resetting - Didn't change results
- uninstalling latest IOS update and reverting to previous - didn't change results
- Talking to the companies that make these products - didn't change results
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
EDIT - I can't figure out how to attach a video to this... I'll try attaching in the comments
Thanks for posting in the community and apologies for the late response. Thanks for doing some troubleshooting steps, I just wanted to ask more questions for us to isolate the issue. What is the exact make and model and iOS version of the mobile device that you are using? Also, have you tried this on a different iOS device and check if the signal drops?
Keep me posted.
Additional info: the issue is not affecting any of my other smart home apps, including nest. I can connect to and get live video through our non-google security cameras, including an old nest cam. My husband’s Google Home app doesn’t seem to be affected, but I don’t know if he’s updated it to the latest version yet.
I am having same issue, just install google bell yesterday setup google home and I am at work now and nothing working coz as soon I open google home my cellular service keep dropping, app can’t connect with internet coz of that.
It was happening yesterday too when I was doing setup but coz I was connected with WiFi everything was working untill I open the app today at work.
iOS. V 16.2
Apologies for the late response. Could you please send us feedback so our team can take a look at it by saying " Okay Google send feedback " followed by " GHT3 Cellular signal drops when using Google Home app"? Let me know once feedback is sent.
@pswaze, appreciate you for updating this thread with your resolution, it's a big help.