Once Home replaced Nest app I am unable to choose the songs that are played on my wifi points when using Apple Music. I can link and unlink accounts fine. I can choose the wifi point to play on. But I can't choose the music being played. It's as if Google is playing a random playlist that doesn't exist. Apple Music will play my choice on my phone while randomly-sourced music comes out of the speakers.
Spotify works FINE. I can link/unlink, choose the songs, playlists, etc and it plays on the points I choose.
This all started when the Home app was introduced.
Thanks for reaching out.
Could you tell us what's the exact command and what's the response of your Nest Wifi points when you ask to play music? To make sure, do you have an Apple Music subscription? Also, did you set Apple Music as your default music provider?
Tell us more, we'd love to help.
Hello Alex -
1) I have an apple music subscription
2) I have a Spotify subscription
3) I don't use voice commands/requests. I manually choose to play Apple Music or Spotify through the Nest wifi points
4) Spotify plays fine. While your controls are clunky, it works ok (it was MUCH better/easier before Google Home became the default app).
5) Apple Music plays random music based on what I've played in the past. If I choose a specific song/artist/album they will play on my phone (ie, through the iPhone speakers) while OTHER music streams through the Nest Wifi points.