cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest App Home/Away Changes My Wife's Status every Time I Change my status. Why Is That?

SiaManz
Community Member

We have had Google Nest Products at home for a while now but I have not managed to understand why the App Home/Away Assist in the Nest App does not work.

Specifically my wife and I each have the nest app on our phones. She uses a Samsung A50 and I use a Pixel 7Pro. We both have the Nest App as well as Google Home installed on our phones and each use our individual google profiles (gmail accounts) to sign in.

The app on each phone is set identically and the Home/Away Assist is set to On. As such when I leave the house the app recognizes that I am no longer home and sets my status to "Away" and this is where the problem starts. 

If I leave the house but my wife stays home, my Away status also changes her phone to "Away" and vice versa, inb that if I stay home and she leaves, her status changes to "Away" but so does mine:-) lol I kid you not, this is so very annoying and regardless of what I do, this behavior is always the same and never changes.

As a result, if one of us stays home and the other leaves, our Google Nest Learning Thermostat goes into "Eco mode and the house temperature drops to very low in the middle of winter. It is very crazy.

I also read somewhere that if I change the "Presence sensing" setting in the "Google Home" app and then set an automation for the thermostat, this will work, but the problem is that the google Home app won't let me set Temperature schedules like the Nest app does . Also when I set Presence Sensing in Google App, it automatically shuts down Home/Away Assistant in the Nest app (very confusing).

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The winner will get $1200,000,000,000 in Gold Bars as their reward 

0 REPLIES 0