cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Home App: How to re-arrange devices? (Devices Tab)

-Martin-
Community Member

How can I re-arrange devices within a room, on the Devices tab?

I have attached a screenshot below. You can see that the devices are not in alphabetical order ('Bedroom A/C' comes after 'Bedroom TV', and the 'Freeview' device comes after 'Smart Plug...' but I can't figure out how to re-order them manually 🤔

Screenshot_20230922_111354_Home.jpg

I tried...

• Tap-and-holding on a device
  • Going to device settings for the one I want to move
  • Going to the Settings tab
  • Tapping my user icon (top right)

... but can't seem to find any option to re-arrange devices.

Can someone point me in the right direction please for how to do this?

Thanks!

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can't reorder them on the devices tab unfortunately, but you can reorder them on the favourites tab, by tapping the "Reorder" button at the bottom.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can't reorder them on the devices tab unfortunately, but you can reorder them on the favourites tab, by tapping the "Reorder" button at the bottom.

-Martin-
Community Member

Thanks @David_K -- While that isn't the best news to hear, I do appreciate the answer nonetheless, and it saves me spending any more time trying to hunt through the menu for an option that doesn't actually exist.

I will say it's disappointing that Google have seemedly only half-bothered to implement device ordering (by contrast, the Smart Life / Tuya app has had it for literally years 🙄)... Hopefully they will add this to the Devices tab in the near future -- or as a minimum, auto-order devices alphabetically as the current state of: "devices are ordered randomly and you can't change it" is not a great user experience!

Anyway, I am rambling! 🙂 -- Thanks again for confirming that this isn't possible @David_K. @Google please add this soon!

PS - Thanks RE: Favourites tab, I did this a while ago but as I dont want to put ALL my devices in favs, I do end up using the Devices tab a fair amount of time / possibly more than favourites even TBH. But a good tip for anyone else reading this in the future anyway.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Agreed! I’d encourage you to also send this feedback directly to Google.