cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not receiving password reset email from nest

oetam
Community Member

Not receiving password reset email from nest

Checked spam filter not hitting spam filter.

Added accounts.nest.com and nest.com to the whitelist on the spam filter.

Still no email.

Please provide some next steps.

Thanks

1 Recommended Answer

Call [REDACTED].  They helped me reset my password.  

Moderator edit: This phone number is no longer in use. To get in touch with us, visit our Contact Us page and follow the prompts until you reach Contact Options. Then select “Get a Call” or “Chat”.

View Recommended Answer in original post

472 REPLIES 472

JuanC
Community Member

Hello I had the same problem.

Here is what I did

There's a new app that controls your nest thermostat Google home, What you wanna do is reset your thermostat To factory settings Go to Google home and set up your thermostat as if it was brand new it worked for me

JuanC
Community Member

Hello I had the same problem.

Here is what I did

There's a new app that controls your nest thermostat Google home, What you wanna do is reset your thermostat To factory settings Go to Google home and set up your thermostat as if it was brand new it worked for me

JuanC
Community Member

same problem.

Here is what I did

asdfasdf
Community Member

still having this problem

JuanC
Community Member

There's a new app goggle home reset your nest to factory settings then use the new app to set up. 

Darby167
Community Member

Still not receiving password resetting email

JuanC
Community Member

There's a new app goggle home reset your nest to factory settings then use the new app to set up. 

trhewlett
Community Member

Please stop sending these e-mails whoever you are.

jnorris238
Community Member

I am trying to migrate my account to Google.  I do not remember my Nest password, and am trying to change it so that I can log on.  It tells me a link has been sent to my email.  However, I have not received the link.  It is not in a junk or spam file.

This has happened to SO many of us.  It's pathetic that the people in charge can't make their customer service work.

Please see my post, above, about contacting customer service.  They can fix it.  You just have to be persistent and get them on the phone.

jnorris
Community Member

I did get a hold of them, and I was able to get it resolved.  Thank you very much.

DarkStar
Community Member

Good for you!

Thualexander
Community Member

I tried to reset password. Pit in my email address to get link but never receivered an email

jnorris
Community Member

I went to Nest.com, or Google Nest.com.  Hit the Contact Us botton toward the bottom of the page.  Typed in the issue I was having, and went through the four or five steps.  I called the phone # on the last step, I think.  I was then able to talk to someone, who then walked me through it over the phone.

Julia2
Community Member

I am not receiving the email for password reset. Please help.

Julia2
Community Member

I can't get the Nest system to respond on password reset - the email is not coming through and it's not in my spam folder either. 

jnorris
Community Member

I think this is how I was able to do it.  I scrolled down to "Contact Us."  I then answered the three or four questions concerning the issue I was having.  I was then able to find a phone# after doing that.  I think, after the 4th one.  I called it, and a lady talked me through the whole thing.  Do you have another email address that it could have went to?  I think that happened to me.  It was my gmail email address that Ihad used when signing up, and not my regular one.

rcritz
Community Member

I've done everything above and still no e-mail to change my PW

Aasen0621
Community Member

I haven’t used the system in a while and need to start over. Not even sure which email it is set up on.

juandela
Community Member

I had this problem a few months ago and after pulling all my hair out I resolved it somehow..... but don't remember how.  fast forward to yesterday and again, my password stopped working in the app.  As this thread verifies, the password reset function DOES NOT WORK.  Not on the email I used to set the thermostat up and not on any of my gmail accounts.  I gave in and tried to migrate to google but now it wants the passcode from my thermostat and when I go to the app function (in settings) it just says "connected" with no option but to back out. 

THIS IS MADDENING

HOW CAN THIS PROCESS BE THIS BROKEN?

HOW IS IT THAT THIS THREAD IS MONTHS OLD AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE?

I’m pissed as well. Can’t even get my Nest Doorbell working when it used to. Very sad for Google #trash

SBlevins6
Community Member

Not receiving a password email 

Msrandi5
Community Member

I’m having the same issue. Did you get an answer?

Ikc
Community Member

Sad to … no. I can use most of my phone/tablet/TV via google login. Yet some of the them - like my TCL tv  nest app can only login via nest account- no google account alternative..

MSmoke
Community Member

So i have has issues like many others here, i had the app working fine, someone borrowed my phone and signed me out and i couldn't remember my password, clicking on resetting my password - never received an email to reset....

Found the link to access Nest on the web, I clicked on migrated my email with nest and with my google email/password was finally able to access it : home.nest.com

Hope this helps!

cremen
Community Member

Yes, I've done that. Issue is, I can't alter the temp remotely even after migrating my google account with the nest account. It's not allowing me access to my own thermostat. Something is awry and it's frustrating as heck that we don't have access to customer service for troubleshooting. In fact, it's just plain wrong. The unit is coming out when we get back into town...it's worthless in terms of what it was intended to do. Not to mention the frustration it's caused everyone.

plecceardone
Community Member

Obviously this is their way of forcing you over to the Google app (instead of using the Nest app).

movase
Community Member

how do I log into my Nest account... 

Ikc
Community Member

After being “ignored “ by google- BS with the same unpractical answers (via cut and paste”- would be equivalent to “ignored”., I am giving up 2x-30 devices. I will start setting up new system use it competitors. Cut the long story short, you won’t able to reset your nest account f your device(s) does not have gmail login as alternative. Stop buying google products; it doesn’t care their customers or it puts the wrong technical support person in this forum- did nothing other than provide the same useless answers- sad to say and shame for him- get his pay check without working 

Hashtagjsc
Community Member

Google has a major issue on their hands.

I purchased a thermostat and two fire alarms since October.  I created my Nest account using my Gmail address never having issues l.  Today I tried to login into my Nest account using password and it didn’t work.  Clicked on “forgot password” 

After calling  1-855-469-6378. customer service and trying to receive 50 emails to reset password.  Issue still exists.  Google doesn’t know how to fix the issue and it’s extremely frustrating.

Google take this issue seriously please. It’s beyond frustrating.  I tried to login into the Nest account on the Apple TV Nest app which requires a password.

Instead of trying to send me a link to reset password, the customer service agent asked me to reset my entire Google account password - which is not the issue.

guyhatch
Community Member

not receiving reset password emails. need help reset my nest account password.

jnorris
Community Member

Try calling 1-855-469-6378.  The lady was able to help me with it.  I was having the same problem.

guyhatch
Community Member

They can't help me until i get the serial numbers of the camera's.

I did call that number. They were useless 

jkramm
Community Member

need to chat with a rep

chapmandale
Community Member

I checked my spam and junk mail a long time ago.

Asfand140272
Community Member

Not received email to reset my password 

KTM7662
Community Member

Not getting reset email.  

R0
Community Member

same

ViralMad
Community Member

Ohh look another person (me) who cannot get a reset password from nest. From what I see this has been happening for several months. What kind of customer service is this? I know nest can send me emails to this account because I have spam from them occasionally!