cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

TV as speaker for Home app routine

ttokesi
Community Member

Hello

Im pretty new to this whole google home story just trying to experiment a bit. Could you please help me out here?
I have a samsung TV with connected Chromcast. I added this device on my phone to the Home App and now i can control it properly(turn on/off, use built in the remote, cast etc.).
Using the chromcast remote, i can also use the built in assistant to ask for the weather and i can hear the results on the TV speakers.

Now i was trying to write a very basic routine to start up the TV at a specific time and announce the weather but here i got stuck.

In the routines menu, i can not select the TV to start my routines on. Is that expected What other devices could i select here normally? What can execute the routines? Phone, Nest hub..?
When i open the routine itself, i can not select the TV for audio device. Can't that function simply as a speaker? Currently i can only select the device that started the routine, which can only be my phone apparently.

Probably linked but im also not sure if i understand why there is no audio device if i set the starter to a specific time instead of voice command. Where would the routine start in that case?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

0 REPLIES 0